We Have Lots to Lose!

Options
Hey there!

Looking for some support and accountability partners!

I need some help getting excited about my fitness and I've reached a point where having friends that are in the same boat would be a huge help, and I know that others could use the same support. I have seen a lot of people here with tickers saying things like "6 lbs lost, 5 lbs to go!" And that's GREAT for them! I'm looking to connect with some people who's tickers look more along the lines of mine: "32 lbs lost, 58 lbs to go!"

We have lots to lose, but SO much to gain!

Replies

• letawhite63
    letawhite63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could use support too...have only been doing this for a couple weeks and have gained 3 lbs. I'm trying...I'm hungry...I've stopped drinking soda...I'm always under my calories....I know I could exercise more but am having problems w my knee....I've got 70 lbs to lose... Totally frustrated..
  • saidiehawkins
    saidiehawkins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I could use support too...have only been doing this for a couple weeks and have gained 3 lbs. I'm trying...I'm hungry...I've stopped drinking soda...I'm always under my calories....I know I could exercise more but am having problems w my knee....I've got 70 lbs to lose... Totally frustrated..

Aw, man! That's rough, but I totally get it!
    It's hard when you start finally making an effort and you don't get to see the results right away.
    I think for you, you should remember that it doesn't have to be a battle and you don't have to be hungry.
    You can stuff yourself with healthy stuff (You can never have too many fruits and veg, and they're super filling if you eat enough of them). Don't forget to eat the stuff you like! You don't have to cut the "good stuff" out forever, just limit what you DO eat. The general policy is 80% diet & 20% exercise. They say that you should get 10,000 steps in a day, at first that seemed intimidating, but if you get a pedometer you can always work up to what you think you can do.

I've tried to cut out soda too, but it's just too hard. So instead I've started drinking only one can per day. Think about what will make you HAPPY before you start making yourself miserable.

If you add me and let me know when it starts getting hard, and what you need to hear to help motivate you I will make sure that I'm around when you need a boost.
  • saidiehawkins
    saidiehawkins Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone else?