So today i got up early to find.

Options
So I got up at 8:30 this morning. :3

IS THAT THE SCALE ISN’T MOVING OMFG! I WANT OUT OF THE 140’S ALREADY = M = ;;; Any suggestions to why i’m still in the 140’s? ( It took me around 17 days to lose 3pounds so i'll wait to see till the end of the month.) i've been doing most things right just like before when i lose the 3 pounds, working out burning around 230 a day., eating 1,200-,1300 cals a day. I also started on may 6ths doing push ups and stomach strength exercises 15 each.

Replies

• hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the not losing weight....but what I wouldn't give for 8:30 to be "early"! I was up at 5:30 this morning....
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about it. As long as the scale is going in the right direction you're okay, imho. I have found that while the weight is coming off slowly for me this time, it is actually staying off, as opposed to all the other times I've dieted, lost the weight quickly then gained it all back. You are on the right track with doing the strenth exercises (I really should get a move on with that) as muscle burns more fat at rest. The closer you are to your weight goal, the slower it will be as well. Good luck!
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    bump
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at 142-140.2 but have not hit the 130's yet. It's been almost a month. The scale goes up and down. I'm just happy to be in the low 140's. I am excited to hit the 130's but my body is fighting it! I WILL do it! Good luck! Have you tried to zig zag calories?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options

IS THAT THE SCALE ISN’T MOVING OMFG! I WANT OUT OF THE 140’S ALREADY = M = ;;; Any suggestions to why i’m still in the 140’s? ( It took me around 17 days to lose 3pounds so i'll wait to see till the end of the month.) i've been doing most things right just like before when i lose the 3 pounds, working out burning around 230 a day., eating 1,200-,1300 cals a day. I also started on may 6ths doing push ups and stomach strength exercises 15 each.

It's hard to tell until you make yoru food dairy public and without knowing all your information (weight/height), I am assuming you are NOT eating enough. Considering your are young (19 according to your profile and I think 156 by your discription, your BMR is 1500 calories. That is the amount of calories you burn without doing anything. If you also add on the fact you burn about 300 calories for working out, you are burning 1800 calories if you had a desk job. I would highly suggest bumping your calories to 1500. Also, I would highly suggest doing a custom setup in your goals with a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fats) ratio. If you do that with some strength training, the weight should come off. If you can provide more details (food diary/height/weight/ Body Fat if you have it) then I can give you better numbers. 1200 calories is the net bare minimal to eat after you eat your workout points.
  • conniie
    Options
    I have been stuck at 142-140.2 but have not hit the 130's yet. It's been almost a month. The scale goes up and down. I'm just happy to be in the low 140's. I am excited to hit the 130's but my body is fighting it! I WILL do it! Good luck! Have you tried to zig zag calories?

zigzag? O-o
  • conniie
    Options

It's hard to tell until you make yoru food dairy public and without knowing all your information (weight/height), I am assuming you are NOT eating enough. Considering your are young (19 according to your profile and I think 156 by your discription, your BMR is 1500 calories. That is the amount of calories you burn without doing anything. If you also add on the fact you burn about 300 calories for working out, you are burning 1800 calories if you had a desk job. I would highly suggest bumping your calories to 1500. Also, I would highly suggest doing a custom setup in your goals with a 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fats) ratio. If you do that with some strength training, the weight should come off. If you can provide more details (food diary/height/weight/ Body Fat if you have it) then I can give you better numbers. 1200 calories is the net bare minimal to eat after you eat your workout points.
    it's public now :3! I'm 143lbs right now. I'm 4'11" and as far as i know my Body fat is 33. The last week or so I just dont feel like eating alot so i'll be at like 900cals eaten at the end of the day.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have always been told that the slower it comes off the more likely it is to stay off!!!

so as long as your going in the right direction then if your getting there then isnt it better
    that its going at a rate that it will stay off!!
    Good luck
    Vicky xx
  • ritarampage
    ritarampage Posts: 32
    Options
    I know this sounds strange, but are you sleeping enough? When I don't get a full night of sleep, I retain water. If I miss sleep on a regular basis, I either can't lose weight, or even worse, I'll gain.
  • monky13grl
    monky13grl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Keep it up... I was at a plateau for over a month. All of a sudden three lbs came off and it has been coming steady. Your body will get used to what you do. Change it up. However, eventually, your body will just "give up" and shed a little more. :)
  • psuLemon
    Options
    it's public now :3! I'm 143lbs right now. I'm 4'11" and as far as i know my Body fat is 33. The last week or so I just dont feel like eating alot so i'll be at like 900cals eaten at the end of the day.

Nothing is changing because you are severely under eating. Based on my calculations, you shoud be eating 1300 calories if you work out 3 times a week, 1500 calories if you workout 5 times a week. More than likely, if you are active, then you should be more like 1500 calories. At this point, i would also suggest of those 1500 calories, 40% should be carbs, 40% should be protein and 20% should be fats. If you clean up your diet and eat MORE, you will lose. This has worked for me and many others I know. When you don't eat enough calories, your stomach goes into starvation mode which makes you retain weight and in fact, can make you gain weight.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you are getting closer to your goal weight, or are at a set weight from another time (for example if you were 140 something for a year before this diet), then the weight will come off slower, Try not to get discouraged though, just because the scale isn't moving doesn't mean you aren't losing weight. Inches are coming off and do not show on the scale, and if you are working out, muscle is denser than fat, and therefore could be holding up your scale. My advice to you would be to drink lots and lots of water and try and have an apple or two today if you can, if you have a soft measuring tape you should measure the areas you would like to lose in and see if you are losing inches even when the scale is on hold.
  • conniie
    Options
    I know this sounds strange, but are you sleeping enough? When I don't get a full night of sleep, I retain water. If I miss sleep on a regular basis, I either can't lose weight, or even worse, I'll gain.

I usually sleep around to 4-5 good hours of sleep. I'm trying to aim for 8hours ( I did today!)
  • conniie
    Options

Nothing is changing because you are severely under eating. Based on my calculations, you shoud be eating 1300 calories if you work out 3 times a week, 1500 calories if you workout 5 times a week. More than likely, if you are active, then you should be more like 1500 calories. At this point, i would also suggest of those 1500 calories, 40% should be carbs, 40% should be protein and 20% should be fats. If you clean up your diet and eat MORE, you will lose. This has worked for me and many others I know. When you don't eat enough calories, your stomach goes into starvation mode which makes you retain weight and in fact, can make you gain weight.

Yeah that's what i was worried about again, this is my second time going into "starve mode" I'm not doing it on purpose but the last two weeks i just don't have an appetite or i can't eat enough. I just don't know what high calories to fill myself up without getting the fat and everything else. :( I just don't know so i don't eat.
  • conniie
    Options
    Today i'm going to be doing at least 2 hours of walking, maybe 3. So how much should i eat?
  • conniie
    Options
    bump
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I have no idea about the not losing weight....but what I wouldn't give for 8:30 to be "early"! I was up at 5:30 this morning....

LOL this is the first reaction I had too. I was up at 550.

I havent slept in till 830 since I was on vacation last year ;)

Sorry for the threadjack, OP!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Please do me a favor. Instead of doing the quick calorie add, try to input the true item. Things that are really good to eat: eggs (I generally do 1 egg and 3/4 cup of egg white, 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese and an english muffin for breakfast each morning), peanuts/peanut butter, protein shakes/protein bars, avocado. These are some high calorie, healthy options.

Just like you have to train your body to workout, you need to train your body to eat. Since you aren't eating enough, your stomach has contracted. If you start eating more frequently, then you will help expand it to normal again. You should aim to eat 5 meals a day. I, personally, eat 7 times a day to get my 2600 calories. Also, I go on here and preplan all the food I am going to eat for the day to make sure I get enough calories and get the correct ratio's I plan on following. Until you can clean up your diet, it may be difficult to lose weight. Heck, I eat 900 calories by 10am. I have faith you can get at least 1400 calories by the end of the day.

And you definitely should eat after your 3 mile walk.
  • conniie
    Options
    Please do me a favor. Instead of doing the quick calorie add, try to input the true item. Things that are really good to eat: eggs (I generally do 1 egg and 3/4 cup of egg white, 1/4 cup 2% shredded cheese and an english muffin for breakfast each morning), peanuts/peanut butter, protein shakes/protein bars, avocado. These are some high calorie, healthy options.

Just like you have to train your body to workout, you need to train your body to eat. Since you aren't eating enough, your stomach has contracted. If you start eating more frequently, then you will help expand it to normal again. You should aim to eat 5 meals a day. I, personally, eat 7 times a day to get my 2600 calories. Also, I go on here and preplan all the food I am going to eat for the day to make sure I get enough calories and get the correct ratio's I plan on following. Until you can clean up your diet, it may be difficult to lose weight. Heck, I eat 900 calories by 10am. I have faith you can get at least 1400 calories by the end of the day.

And you definitely should eat after your 3 mile walk.

I'll try to add the real item. I quess ill just have to fix alot ? ( what i really want is enough fibre and protein a day and obviously calories.) This is so confusing :|...
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    Don't give up!