Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weight to dress size ratio poll

Replies

• las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Hi! I'm 6'0" and currently 187.8 lbs (40/32/45 B/W/H). I tend to be a large in shirts, but only because I need more length for my torso! :) Medium would suit me better right now. I'm a size 12L in pants, but most often need to buy from the tall sections online. I have wide hips, though! Even at 140 lb, I was only an 8/10 pant and a medium shirt. A small shirt was out of the question... it wouldn't have passed my navel!
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    213 pounds 5'4 size 16 dress (if its stretchy) :P
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    5'4 178 lbs and just starting to fit back into some 14's. At my start weight of 187 lbs I was a size 16. (US Sizes)

I find sizes vary so much. Went shopping for shorts at second hand store this week and I found 14s that fit comfy, some too big and some way too small. Same with the size 16s. Some fit, some are too big and some are too small. I even currently have in my wardrobe a size 12 pair of shorts made of stretchy denim that fit ok and a pair of size 16 dress pants are still quite snug.
  • xstacey267x
    xstacey267x Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for everyones brave honesty. Its nice to hear of all the different shapes and sizes of us all and everyones success at losing a few pounds too. Keep it up girls :)
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    5'8" and 209 lbs and I'm wearing a tight 16
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member

Also, body composition. Maybe the smaller sizes carry more weight in their upper bodies.

Yep!

Torso length makes a big difference too. A lot of my weight is long torso, but I am not actually all that fat, so I can get into smaller sizes. I do have to wear tall on the top and petite on the bottom. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Hi girls iv always thought i was quite heavy for my dress size 16. I weigh 14st 1. Just wondered if any of u are comfortable with sharing your weight dress size just for a bit of an eye opener really as some women have more muscle than others etc or like me big busted haha so be a good poll to read x

I'm 11 stone 4 this morning, 158lbs, 5'8 and a size 10 to 12 UK (6-8 US) ...more UK 10 than 12 recently, and slipping into an 8 in places like White Stuff or Gap
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I'm 5'7', 151lbs and UK size 10/12 US size 8/10. hope that helps. :)

US sizes are minute 4 on UK
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    I am 138 pounds, usually a size 12 (UK)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    5ft, 123lbs, size 2
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    I'm 5'10, 279 lbs and I wear a size 22.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I'm 5'3" (all sizes are US, I've been tracking when I fit into sizes as NSVs)

At 210lbs - size 16
    At 195lbs - size 14
    At 180lbs - size 12
    At 169lbs - size 10
    At 159lbs (now) - size 8
  • Angela26point2finisher
    Angela26point2finisher Posts: 105 Member
    i'm 5'6'', 185 and comfortably fit in my size 12 jeans.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    I am 5'2" and I don't know my weight in stone... But 105lbs and UK dress size is about a 6. Sometimes I can swing an 8 to fit my boobs in, if the waist can be pinned in.
  • 5'6" - 5'7" and 135lbs - UK size 8 - US size 2-4 (depending on the store.)
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    5'4 and at 187 I was wearing a 16 and XL or L---- 158lbs a 8-10 or Med----140 a 7-8 and medium or Small

My lower body- mainly the booty and thighs is large so being any smaller than a 6 or 7 is very unlikely!!
  • courtokinesis
    courtokinesis Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'4, weight 180 and wear a 12 or 14. I'm pretty oddly shaped so I'm hoping to lose a lot of weight in my chest - it's fairly disproportionate in a painful way. My back hurts a lot, and exercising (let alone just finding a shirt to wear for the day) is hard. XLs are too big for my waist and larges are waaaay too tight. I usually end up with large tops with a long cami peeking underneath. Dresses, anything with front buttons are a challenge. Most of my wardrobe is fairly stretchy... so I'm hoping to change that throughout the next year :blush:
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    I am 5'7" and weigh 165 right now. I wear an 8-10 in US sizes. When I was down to 140 a few months ago (ugh to the weight gain) I was in a solid 8. My goal is to get to the 140 again and into a size 6 as I have gained some muscle :smile:
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 5'5, and weigh 119lbs. I wear a 4 (sometimes I can squeeze into a 2). I have an average body shape. At my starting weight, 161, I wore a 12.
  • dbdmom2many
    dbdmom2many Posts: 5 Member
    This site always gives me dysmorphia anxiety.

I'm 5'0', 161 lbs and a size 16. If I search by size, every woman my height and weight is claiming to wear a 8/10/12, and women wearing size 16s are all twenty to thirty pounds heavier than I am. Either Canadian clothing sizes are WAY smaller than UK and American, or a lot of ladies are lying about their pants.

[/quote]

I vote lying. At 161 (I'm 5'4") I was a comfortable 14/MAYBE sneak into 12. Although I have to admit that I wear a smaller size than some of the women who are comparable to me in height/weight, but I've been lifting heavy for the past few years and may have more muscle than my counterparts.

Also, body composition. Maybe the smaller sizes carry more weight in their upper bodies.[/quote]

I'm 5'4, 170 lbs (heaviest was 210), and I am busty and all the rest of my weight is in front in my belly/abdomen. Comparatively speaking, I have a little rear and skinny legs. I detest shopping for pants or, well, anything. Depending on the cut of a shirt/blouse, I wear a 14 or 16, but usually larger than that to accommodate my girth around the waist area. Pants/skirts--I'm all over the place depending on how expensive the clothing is. (The more expensive, the smaller the size, I have found...) I am in on size 16, but I have 18-sized pants that are tight on me, too. Don't wear pants much. I usually find skirts to be more forgiving... Can't wait until the day comes when I can shop in non plus-sized shops/sections again!