Breakfast Proteins?

Options
I would like options for breakfast proteins. I just had oatmeal and need other options.
Thank you

Replies

• prettyinpink0989
    prettyinpink0989 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken breast added to scrambled eggs or egg whites is a favorite of mine when I'm needing extra protein in my diet
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    eggs, sausage, cheese, milk, bacon, turkey, ham, beef, pork, chicken
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eggs any way you want them (maybe with cheese), greek yogurt, peanut butter (added to oats or yogurt), smoothie (with protein powder, milk, fruits, peanut butter...try different options)
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast protein is a hard boiled egg, but I might throw in a yogurt sometimes too.
  • heatherniccorn
    heatherniccorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast smoothie with 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup FF milk, 2 scoops protein powder, 1 cup frozen fruit, and 1 tb apple cider vinegar. It is so good, has high protein, and you can't taste the spinach at all.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    Food is food. There's no specific protein you have to eat for a specific meal. Just eat.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I would like options for breakfast proteins. I just had oatmeal and need other options.
    Thank you

Make your oatmeal using milk (not water)....then add some chopped nuts for additional satiety. Some people add a scoop of protein powder.

I like Greek yogurt, then I sprinkle with high fiber cereal, and nuts.

Look up "over night" oatmeal. It's a mixture of oats and yogurt.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Basically any type of meet or dairy.

Personally I usually stick with eggs, milk, and sometimes bacon
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites. They're packed with protein and aren't that filling, so I can eat other things with them.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Food is food. There's no specific protein you have to eat for a specific meal. Just eat.

^This. Food is food at any given time. You don't "have" to have only "breakfast type" foods at breakfast.
  • marshmallowsandsnark
    Options
    Fave: a high fiber English muffin half, 1/4 of an avocado, a poached (or fried in 1 tsp butter or non-stick spray) egg, and a slice or two of Canadian bacon. Protein, good fat, fiber. Sets the tone for the day. Double if your daily calories allow for it, because it's good enough to eat twice. Can be baked in a ramekin (minus the muffin) while you get ready for work, then grab the muffin & go.

The usual: 1/2 c. of cottage cheese and some fruit.