OT - I hate working with people that have no personality!

Options
Ok, so I'm a sales rep and I just got handed our biggest account. (Not cuz i'm a good sales rep, cuz i'm a good errand boy (girl?) but that's another story.) :mad:

Anyway,

So when I say this is our biggest account, I mean this is our BIGGEST account and they've been with us almost since we started and its really complicated and takes alot of training. Well, the rep that i'm taking this account from is out today and I have had absolutely NO training on how to handle their POs and such AT ALL. And I mean, these people have special pricing and lots of "if this is this way than do this that way" kinda crap.. If that makes any sense at all.

Anyway. So my contact over there... is SO BORING. He's throwing all these orders and me and I'm trying to keep up with them and I keep getting confused, I have no information about their pricing and everything, but I'm managing, I just have to ask him alot of questions! So I keep making jokes and making light of the fact that I'm so slow and blah blah, just trying to make my crazy, hectic, chaotic day a little bit brighter and he just...

DOES NOTHING. No "Lol"'s no smilie faces, nothing. he answers my questions ignores my jokes and makes me feel dumb. :sad:

I can't work like this!

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Options
    Ok, so I'm a sales rep and I just got handed our biggest account. (Not cuz i'm a good sales rep, cuz i'm a good errand boy (girl?) but that's another story.) :mad:

Anyway,

So when I say this is our biggest account, I mean this is our BIGGEST account and they've been with us almost since we started and its really complicated and takes alot of training. Well, the rep that i'm taking this account from is out today and I have had absolutely NO training on how to handle their POs and such AT ALL. And I mean, these people have special pricing and lots of "if this is this way than do this that way" kinda crap.. If that makes any sense at all.

Anyway. So my contact over there... is SO BORING. He's throwing all these orders and me and I'm trying to keep up with them and I keep getting confused, I have no information about their pricing and everything, but I'm managing, I just have to ask him alot of questions! So I keep making jokes and making light of the fact that I'm so slow and blah blah, just trying to make my crazy, hectic, chaotic day a little bit brighter and he just...

DOES NOTHING. No "Lol"'s no smilie faces, nothing. he answers my questions ignores my jokes and makes me feel dumb. :sad:

I can't work like this!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Deep breath.....

Maybe when Mr. Mannequin gets to know you he'll lighten up more. Just do the best you can until you get the training you need.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Deep breath.....

Maybe when Mr. Mannequin gets to know you he'll lighten up more. Just do the best you can until you get the training you need.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I know, I'm trying. Thanks :smile:

I'm just the type of person where... if I have to talk to you multiple times a day, every day, I want to make it fun and not boring.

But you're right. Maybe once he gets to know me he'll get over it. :bigsmile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. :sad: I started my new job as a project coordinator for this VERY busy movie/festival producer just last month and he has no sense of humor. :indifferent: I have no idea how he wants things done (I'm coming in as his first assistant, but he's been handling it all himself for the past 6 years) and he throws all these notes at me that are written in his own special code and its like WTH? :angry:

Think about the money. :bigsmile: :drinker: Always brightens my day!
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    What a stick in the mud!:frown:

Breathe in red, breathe out blue :laugh:

I have to work with people like that too. I hate it!! Some people just have no clue!

Helllllllooooo....would it kill some people to crack a smile!!?? Even if it is just an emoticon smile!!!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. :sad: I started my new job as a project coordinator for this VERY busy movie/festival producer just last month and he has no sense of humor. :indifferent: I have no idea how he wants things done (I'm coming in as his first assistant, but he's been handling it all himself for the past 6 years) and he throws all these notes at me that are written in his own special code and its like WTH? :angry:

Think about the money. :bigsmile: :drinker: Always brightens my day!

I would think about the money... but I make squat. :explode:

I'm kind of getting hosed in this whole deal, but to manage this account more or less equates job security and we've already had 10 % of our staff laid off and they've made hints that it's not the end.

Right now, I'll take what I can get!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    What a stick in the mud!:frown:

Breathe in red, breathe out blue :laugh:

I have to work with people like that too. I hate it!! Some people just have no clue!

Helllllllooooo....would it kill some people to crack a smile!!?? Even if it is just an emoticon smile!!!

Haha, no kidding! It's like two buttons! Just do it! :laugh:
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    It sounds like you're communicating via e-mail. There are a lot of people/companies who frown on being "casual" in e-mails and you'll never see an "lol" or :) from them. That's just the way they're programmed. I myself don't use that type of "chat" language at work unless I know someone pretty well. My company frowns on it with internal e-mails also.

So, basically, I would say not to take it personally. He is probably just reserved when it comes to e-mail. Have you talked to him on the phone? Do you get the same cold feeling?