dressing room Non-Scale Victory

Options
jessedcg
jessedcg Posts: 304 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
aw1tkpurq5ll.jpg

<3 Hello,

I just wanted to know if any of you like to take pictures and track your progress in the dressing room?
I love going shopping and comparing pictures from previous visits. I have lost 45 lbs and although its not much for someone in the upper 200's It has changed my shopping experience its no longer a depressing and emotional event I actually have CHOICES! If you have ever been in that position you know how emotionally devastating that can be. I would love to see other progress and help motivate each other.

Replies

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    45 pounds is A LOT of weight lost :) Congrats on your success and on the outfit choices!
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You have done well. NSV are better to me than scale victories because it shows you what you have accomplished. Clothes shopping is one of the best ways to see those NSVs. Great job
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!! there is nothing like stepping into clothing in the dressing room that is a smaller size than last time. Way to go!!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I know how you feel. I had to order clothes online because most of the stores in my area did not go up that high or had a horrible selection for my size. It feels so good to be able to shop again. 45 pounds is great :)
  • victoriaamarie1330
    victoriaamarie1330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Awesome work! Those non scale victories are sometimes better feeling than actual scale weight.
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress! You're looking great!
  • messiahs
    messiahs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good job, what a loss, 45 lbs is a ton! I don't have any pictures, but I used to be super big, slipped down about 50 lbs and... oh my gosh, not having to go to plus size stores or sections anymore is amazing! I used to hate clothes, but clothes actually seem exciting to me now.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The whole purpose is not to reach a specific number ( or at least shouldn't be ), its about improving health and the way you think/feel/perceive your body. Many have gone thru stages where they can see/feel/measure progress by dropping down a size, taking measurements, or just seeing it in the mirror, while the scale stays the same or goes up.

Many keep video or photo diaries, so they can compare. Its an effective way to track progress, especially while in a plateau or when you've reached goal weight, but are still mid transformation.

Congrats on the progress, and GL on your journey.