Feeling a little low today...

Options
Today my boyfriend and I ended a 2 1/2 year relationship. I kind of felt like this was coming, but that doesn't make today feel any better. When I'm feeling sad, I don't go out and eat everything. I actually have the exact opposite reaction: I don't eat very much. so my food diary today is kind of sad too.

I just feel like I need a (virtual) hug.

Replies

• ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :( Just wait...your blessing will come. (((HUGS))))

I'm the same as you...I don't eat when I'm sad, but when I get happy again...WATCH OUT! THAT's when I pig out! Weird. Ugh!

Anyway...I'll be thinking of you. (((ANOTHER HUG))))
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    Sending you Love and Light and a big ((((((HUG)))))
  • nfanning3
    nfanning3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    virtual hug at you...
  • TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    (((( Hug)))) Any relationship ending good or bad is still sad.
  • In2luvnme
    In2luvnme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :wink: :flowerforyou:

Always remember that the things we go through in life only prepare us for the next step of greatness.The fact that you could give your all to some one for 2 plus years is a great thing and just think about how good you will feel in that bikini this July. I know this is not an easy time, but be strong and love you more than the pain you feel. In just a little while you will look back and think...WOW what a relief....Have faith...our higher being has great things in store for you....just believe....

Hugs...from a new friend....:smile:
  • naimenuka
    naimenuka Posts: 1
    Options
    Big Big HUGSSSSSSS... You'll be OK.. Trust me, You'll wake up soon one morning and everything will be fine again
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    (((HUGS))) I got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship in December and I am the same way, I hardly ate for the first few weeks (I did drink a lot though). Even though I knew that our break up was coming for a while before it actually ended, it still sucked! I know I hated when people told me this after my break up, but it really does get better, unfortunately it takes a while. Not sure about the circumstances of your break up, but for me after the initial depression/shock wore off a little it has been what keeps me motivated to use this time to focus on me for a change! (And a little bit of it is being vindictive, so that when I run into him he sees that I am happier, healthier, and just better off without him). Sorry you are going through this :-( (((HUGS)))
  • WhoaMelly
    WhoaMelly Posts: 2
    Options
    It's never easy to end a relationship - hang in there. everything happens for a reason *hug*
  • kimgriff
    kimgriff Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that you're sad. Allow yourself to grieve some; your body and mind will need it.

I am like you when I am sad: I don't eat.

We're here for you!

Kim
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, on the bright side.. this might be your biggest weight loss yet ;) I have always believed that your path in life has been chosen for you the day you were born... although you may think you have a say in what happens in your life, or what paths you take, you really don't. Boring, but, everything happens for a reason. Today it might not make any sense, but one day you'll say "if this day never happened, then I wouldn't be where I am now"
    Keep your chin up, allow time for grieving, cry till your eyeballs hurt, then scream till your voice is lost... When you're done you'll feel like a brand new person.. chock full of smiles and life.

PS - I could tell you the story on how my husband I met, and then for sure, you'd understand.. Everything happens for a reason.. one day you'll know what it is.
  • kimgriff
    kimgriff Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh, and Sara Evans has a song that's perfect for you, called "A Little Bit Stronger." If you're not familiar with it, look it up and listen to it, if you can. Listen to the words. It's SO true!
  • brekai2003
    brekai2003 Posts: 9
    Options
    **HUGS**
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear bout your break up. Virtual hugs for you. You are strong and once you get over your grieving period you will bounce back and be your normal self. :heart:
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a magic wand to make you feel better right now; but since I don't I can only tell you what you already know.... it gets better from here.

While it is important that you do not give up on your fitness goals, do allow yourself time to heal from your relationship without feeling like you are 'failing' at your diet. The LAST thing you need right now is another thing on your list to consider a 'failure.' And for the record, ending a relationship is not failing. It is simply the end of a relationship dynamic. I do not intend to downplay the emotional component. In fact, I insist that you deal with that first, but I do hope to bring you a fresh perspective.

You are in transition. Ending one thing to begin another. You are clearing rubble. It is okay to feel a little low today. There is a saying with my people, which I hope will bring you some comfort..... 'There's no illness that lasts 100 years or a body that can handle it.' You will see this feeling of 'low' will pass.

All the best in your fitness goals.

KeeP on!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Big, HUGE hugs! Break-ups are always tough and sometimes nothing else helps comfort us but time and hugs. I'm really sorry that your relationship ended, I know how difficult that can be. If you're ever feeling low or need someone to talk to, don't be afraid to hit me up. I really hope that you start feeling better soon.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Oh, and Sara Evans has a song that's perfect for you, called "A Little Bit Stronger." If you're not familiar with it, look it up and listen to it, if you can. Listen to the words. It's SO true!

Just got out of a relationship a while back and I listened to that song all the time, it's a great break-up song!