My journey with gastric bypass

Options
I have struggled with weight issues all of my teen and adult years. I started my WLS journey almost 10 years ago just trying to get approved to have the surgery, but my insurance wouldn't cover it and I just wasn't able to afford it financially to pay for it myself. 3 years ago my employer started offering insurance and low and behold, they would cover WLS after meeting their specific requirements. I met with my surgeon & nutritionist in May of 2013 and met all of my requirements and was approved by my insurance. I had gastric bypass on December 18, 2013, weighing 372 pounds. Today I am down to 206 and still working on getting lower on the scale. I just wanted to share my story and let you all NEVER GIVE UP!!! I thought it would never be possible, but then it was and I haven't looked back.

8xzvj8sm5a4s.jpg

Replies

• believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I had surgery myself 5 years ago this month. Its only a TOOL people... we still cant cheat and eat whatever we want... @cmmitchell67 You look great!!!!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey
  • KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations on your success!
  • pandaraecash
    pandaraecash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What advice would you give to someone who is just beginning the process of bypass and has people's with emotional eating? I have been to a seminar with a local weight loss surgeon but haven't has my consult yet...

Thanks!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    cmmitchell67 - Congrats and good job! You look great,
    Pandaraecash - there's a forum on MFP called Gastric By Pass/VSG/Sleeve which can provide great support to those considering or who've already had weight loss surgery.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My oh my what a transformation! I had my bypass a year ago and I am doing things I never thought I could do.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @pandaraecash my weight loss clinic offered psychological counselling as part of the program and I took advantage of a six week group therapy class. Perhaps you can be referred to something similar.
  • alaiyo
    alaiyo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had GBS in 2010 and loss 150 pounds! I was doing fantastic until I injured my back at work and started to gain weight! 133 to 170 yikes!! I started seeing a doctor who prescribed medication, light exercise (one I can tolerate) and keeping a journal of what I eat!! Back on track to a health weight even if I can't exercise like I use too!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!