Women who are tired of being weak and tiny

Options
2»

Replies

• ThatMouse
    ThatMouse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I workout because it helps my hobbies - karate and taiko drumming. Strong arms, core and a *kitten*-ton of endurance are needed for both. Also, I used to be able to out-lift my boyfriend (before he started lifting), I need to catch up now. It is unacceptable.

I guess I have it easy because if someone questions why I workout, I can outline for them the 12+ hours a week of training/drumming I do and the fact that I need to do more to make sure I build above-and-beyond what I need to ensure I perform well without injury or slowing down.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    shameless self moto to share with you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0t2WyXQhuA

nice!!!

what the hell are you all jamming out to??? :)

thank you. :)
    LOL_ super "old" Akon & Eminem: Smack That - part of my "grinder zone" playlist- anything that's pop/hip hop/modern/alternative/rap like- I have that (anything you could dance/get down to) and then I have kicking *kitten*- which is any and all variations of ragey-angry metal stuff. I keep it simple.
    No belt, no gloves, hell yah. I bow.
    I feel pretty confident with most of my lifts sans tools- but I do squat with a belt around 75% and up of my max. I don't care much for DL/Bench with a belt- and I never use gloves- I will use wraps if I need them- but I felt pretty solid with this without them so I'm going to keep working it as long as i can with out it.

Sad that some feel that acheiving thinness is the only reason to exercise. It shows that in general people don't understand that the main contributor to weight loss is diet.
    agreed- I have been fortunate to not have been "Small" but never fat most of my life- so I personally have been able to navigate the waters of not working out to be small or lose weight- I always workout to kick *kitten* and call it a day. :) I don't need an excuse to be effing fabulous!!!

Awesome work! I use a belt to deadlift cause I don't have the form down all that great and I don't want to screw my back up. People actually use a belt for benching? I use it for squats too.

That's because the belt isn't for your back directly- it's to give your abs something brace against.

I do use mine on deads when they get heavy- like after this- I tried to pull 325- I busted the belt out- but I try to limit the use till I hit upper ranges- but I use it for training in upper ranges not just for one rep maxes- using it train my ability to brace.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

nice!!!

LOL_ super "old" Akon & Eminem: Smack That - part of my "grinder zone" playlist- anything that's pop/hip hop/modern/alternative/rap like- I have that (anything you could dance/get down to) and then I have kicking *kitten*- which is any and all variations of ragey-angry metal stuff. I keep it simple.
    I feel pretty confident with most of my lifts sans tools- but I do squat with a belt around 75% and up of my max. I don't care much for DL/Bench with a belt- and I never use gloves- I will use wraps if I need them- but I felt pretty solid with this without them so I'm going to keep working it as long as i can with out it.

Sad that some feel that acheiving thinness is the only reason to exercise. It shows that in general people don't understand that the main contributor to weight loss is diet.
    agreed- I have been fortunate to not have been "Small" but never fat most of my life- so I personally have been able to navigate the waters of not working out to be small or lose weight- I always workout to kick *kitten* and call it a day. :) I don't need an excuse to be effing fabulous!!!

oh, is that what that was? I could not tell ..it sounded different for some reason ..

I am usually bumping some straight up gangsta rap when I am lifting ...I was listening to old school wu tang yesterday ..! LOLZ
  • JoRocka
    edited July 2015
    Options

nice!!!

oh, is that what that was? I could not tell ..it sounded different for some reason ..

I am usually bumping some straight up gangsta rap when I am lifting ...I was listening to old school wu tang yesterday ..! LOLZ

I think there were 2 versions of it- unsure- vagely remember there being 2- I got hooked on some of that early 2000's rap/hip hop stuff a while ago- came back up into my world and I was like YES- update playlist- stuff like Chingey- Jereome Dupree- Akon- Eminim etc etc- fun fun
  • ndj1979
    Options

nice!!!

I think there were 2 versions of it- unsure- vagely remember there being 2- I got hooked on some of that early 2000's rap/hip hop stuff a while ago- came back up into my world and I was like YES- update playlist- stuff like Chingey- Jereome Dupree- Akon- Eminim etc etc- fun fun

ha, nice!

I am more a pac, luniz, wu tang, big e ..kind of guy:)
  • L0VE3UG
    L0VE3UG Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've never considered myself weak, but I'm definitely tiny. I hate the responses and groans I get when I talk about how difficult and frustrating the gaining process can be. The whole "putting ON weight is your problem? GTFO". I've had ppl tell me I don't need to worry about hitting the gym or watching what I eat because I'm small. Uh....wrong. Hitting the gym and making sure to meet macros (ie, watching what I eat) is what it's all about!

Keep it up and do you. Other people are always going to have their opinions, whether they are in line with yours or not! You know what your goals are, so don't let others try to influence you to move in the opposite direction. :)
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options

Really impressive!
    Watched this 3 times.
    You're fun! Lol
    Good tune in the background too.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

nice!!!

ha, nice!

You would enjoy our new radio station. Old school hip hop station. I heard every one of those on your list just on my way to work today.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to be tiny, cute, and have someone take care of me. However, since becoming a single parent and realizing I have to be everything for my son I want to be strong! I want to be able to stand up tall and carry the weight of the world if I have to for him.
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Strong women pushing through the skinny stereotypes!! :)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »

nice!!!

ha, nice!

You would enjoy our new radio station. Old school hip hop station. I heard every one of those on your list just on my way to work today.

I have sirius XM and they have backspin ….
  • kmccarr
    kmccarr Posts: 5 Member
    Options

this is awesome
  • heavenkm
    heavenkm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome ! Thanks for the inspiration !
  • Ash_76
    Ash_76 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

my knees said ouch, been a long time since i could do the wide stance dead lift, you nailed it
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thank you all!!!

Ash_76 wrote: »

my knees said ouch, been a long time since i could do the wide stance dead lift, you nailed it

I switched from conventional because I was getting stuck- it's taken me almost 3 months to feel really comfortable with it- happy to have made some progress.