Operation Mermaid

Options
Hello all! My name is Rebecca. And I would seriously like to get fit! I thought I was heavy in high school at 180, but 3 pregnancies later, I'm 271. This is ridiculous! I refuse to get any heavier. If and when I lose 100 pounds, I want to buy a mermaid tail. Tell me I'm not the only one on this site? :)

My own worst enemy is my own nature. I've always been very sedentary. Main stream sports have never been able to hold my interest. I love reading and writing, arts and crafts, etc. I love animals, but have a hard time getting them the exercise they need. I have a Standard Poodle and 2 house cats. I've been married nearly 8 years. We own our own home.

Weighing in today. I want to take pictures of myself every month that I hope will inspire me, to see how far I've come. Apologies for the blurry side image. Didn't notice it until I was alone again. Would love to make a few friends that can help me keep on track and vice-versa.

ogoxlk2n5vdo.jpg
f1oz6da1m3ww.jpg

Replies

• JenM261
    JenM261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello! Good luck on your journey
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hey, we have that same trash can :smile:
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebecca, I'm Chris; 1) Take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up if you mess up--just get back on the bike. Take your time, I'm sure you will find some kind of exercise you like (there's lots of stuff out there; P.S I do weight lifting and 15 - 20 min cardio three times a week). Make over what you eat; just make changes you can live with--this needs to be a lifestyle, no a "diet" to be started and then ended. Mine was cutting back on the amount of sugar (natural and added) I was eating. And no, you are not the only one on this site. Good luck.
  • MermaidBex
    MermaidBex Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Chris. So I'm not the only mermaid on the site? Cool! Would love to meet the rest. :smile:

My food issue will be financially related. Hopefully, I can come up with enough funds to eat right. I want to eat according to the book The Seventh Day Diet by Chris Rucker. The dietary guidelines are quite filling, if I can get my hands on the proper foods. I don't call it dieting either. It's a lifestyle change and it's forever. But hey, the longer I stay fit, the longer I can live, the easier the change gets, and the longer I can play with my awesome tail! :smiley: