Some motivation needed, so disappointed in myself

Options
hi everyone.
I started my weight loss journey two years ago, at 5'3 and 158 lbs I wasn't hugely overweight, but I was pretty overweight! I honestly didn't think I'd stick to it, but two years later I'm still (kind of) going. I managed to get down to 135lb and I was so so so proud of myself. It's the smallest I remember being for a very long time. However after 4 weeks off I've crept up to 140lb. Some people may think that's not a big deal but I'm disgusted in myself. I just feel massive. I've had four weeks off the gym, went back yesterday and got so out of breath it was like I hadn't been in 4 years, not 4 weeks!

Feeling seriously low and bad about myself. I just need some general support to get me back on track. Thanks guys

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Maybe thinking of it like paying your 4 weeks back? You lost 4 weeks of time, so you need to redo those 4 weeks to get back to the swing of things. It's good you caught yourself after 4 weeks! I did nothing for a whole year, so that's not good. Try not to beat yourself up too much - you're doing well that you caught yourself, you're working on it, and you've seen that you can do this before!
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Omg you only gained 5 pounds back! That's an easy fix! Promise! Do you weight train? I lost 5 pounds in my first week of weight training. It's actually a lot of fun. You can get back on track. Please don't say you're disgusting. You're not. Your height and weight sounds pretty average to me but regardless, you need to live the good things and improve upon the things you think need some tweaking! You got this!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You're about my height and weight. I don't know about you, but I can put on 5 pounds in a matter of days around my time of the month. It's very probable that most of that weight is water and not fat, especially if your diet changed drastically with extra sodium and sugar.

You've already lost those 5 pounds once so you know what it'll take to lose them again and if a lot of it is water it may not even be as difficult as you think it will be.
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Kat. I do understand the feeling. Just look at your weight ticker (the little graph with the green bug). Look how far you came already. Yes, you did take your eye off the goal. That's ok, it can be rescued. You made good progress; see if you can pick up the momentum to push you over that finish line. With your renewed sessions at the gym, I'm pretty sure you'll knock that extra weight off pretty quickly.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I started this at 5'2" and 189.4 lbs. Four weeks is simply part of your process/journey. Get back on track. Get your head straight, and make it happen. You can do this.

And something I learned during this process...*I* have to be my biggest supporter. I have to be my best friend. I cannot let myself talk negatively TO or ABOUT me to anyone. Not even to myself. My best friend would not say those things to me. The person who loves me, would be kind, supportive, uplifting. And for this to work, I needed to love me more than anyone else does. Be to yourself, the person you would be to your best friend if she was going thru this. Kind. Loving. Supportive. Enthusiastic. And you would have faith in her. We have faith in you. You should too. :)
  • carthai
    carthai Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I clicked this post from the front page, feeling discouraged myself after stepping on the scale yesterday and gaining back some of my loss. Good luck Kat, and thanks to this group for giving a bystander the motivation to try again!
  • kat_williams
    kat_williams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Literally made me well up a bit. Thank you so much guys. It's was so hard looking at the scales today but I should just be using this as the motivation to get back on track. I can do this.