Sugar help!!

Hi guys,
So every day I consume close to/over my sugar goal. I have a smoothie for breakfast (currently a banana, tinned peach in juice, coconut milk and spinach), then one or two pieces of fruit during the day. When I add in the bits of sugar that may be in other savoury food, I'm always close to or over my goal. Is it bad to be over my sugar goal if it's fruit? Any suggestions of how I can decrease my sugar intake whilst still having something sweet for lunch and a smoothie for breakfast? Thanks!

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    If you don't have a related medical condition, I'd recommend tracking fiber or something else instead and not worrying about sugar.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    There's no need to limit sugar unless you have a medical condition requiring you to do so.
  • Danica34
    Danica34 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    There is a lot of sugar in fruit. Certain fruit have lower fructose levels than other fruits. Try googling and see if you can find some with lower levels
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Danica34 wrote: »
    There is a lot of sugar in fruit. Certain fruit have lower fructose levels than other fruits. Try googling and see if you can find some with lower levels

Why? It doesn't matter.
  • Danica34
    Danica34 Posts: 11 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    Danica34 wrote: »

Why? It doesn't matter.

A question was asked and I answered it. If it didn't matter they wouldn't have asked
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Are you meeting your calorie, fiber, protein, and fat goals? Do you eat a decent amount of vegetables? If so I wouldn't worry about it. (The calories are what matter for weight loss. The others are for health.)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Track fiber, not sugar. Especially if most of your sugar is coming from fruit/dairy.
  • kat_williams
    kat_williams Posts: 22 Member
    Oh okay thanks everyone! All I've heard recently has been how sugar is the newest baddy! Was worried that eating so much may be counter productive, whether natural sugar or not!