MOMS... how do u keep ur kids entertained while exercising???

Options
I try to do a work out...30 mins a day...however my 2 yr old is always in the way...esp when im using weights...
I allow her to do warm ups and help me hold positions...
HELP...ANY IDEAS ARE WORTH TRYING

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Nap time?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    workout before they wake up
  • john_not_typical
    john_not_typical Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used to let our little girl watch TV in the same room when I worked out. She always seemed to enjoy watching cartoons with me. It was almost like she didn't know I was exercising also.
  • youngmommy2
    youngmommy2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When mine were that little I would just wait until they went to bed or I would take walks with them, play on the playground with them, things like that.
    When they got to be old enough to play with things on their own without putting everything in their mouth, I would use exercise time as the time to let them play with things like play-doh and water color paints. Things they don't use everyday because of the mess factor.
    What about letting her play with a tablet or smartphone? There are a ton of kid friendly apps and bonus if they're earning something too.
  • adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have to work out before he wakes up for after bed time. Or have the hubs watch him. He thinks it is play time when I do planks or sit ups so he wants to be right on top of me :) Fun times. Adds extra weight.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Can you get him involved? I involve my three in the workouts (7, 5, and 1) and the one year old counts 'em out. When I run one of the routines on the Xbox - they get a kick out of the Kinect function and turn their characters different colors.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I let my 2-year old work out along side me but when it comes to weights, I tell her to move further away so that I don't accidentally hit her. She copies all my movements and after about 10 minutes, she'll get bored and play with her toys.
  • ramsherri2915
    ramsherri2915 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Alright...great ideas... Ill try them. Thank u all
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Have them join you, especially if it's something they would consider fun. Remember Sweatin' to the Oldies? My mom got that for herself when I was a kid, and my sister and I used to join her because it was dancing! XD *dear lord, I think I just dated myself there* So, maybe find some kind of exercise video or game they'd enjoy doing with you.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    yup when they're asleep. I run and lift heavy. It's not beneficial to me or safe for them to "join me" in my workouts, I just get up before they do. On the occasion nap time overlaps I sneak in a second workout of HIIT before I go to work. (4 kids here)
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Mine like to workout with me, but when they are over it, I ask them to go in their playroom till I'm done, luckily we have multiple living areas. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't lol...they are 6 and 4.
  • ramsherri2915
    ramsherri2915 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank u ladies
    Today ill try nap time if both of my kids nap at the same time...