GREAT burger recipe...just in time for the holiday weekend!!

Options
So, I have to share this amazingly good burger recipe. I figured it would go over well in lieu of the holiday weekend. I got the recipe out of the Hungry Girl cookbook. It is seriously one of the best burgers I ever had!

"Outside-in Cheeseburger Patty"
This recipe serves 1 and the entire recipe has 179 cals, 6.5g of fat, 502mg sodium, 1.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugar, 26.5g protein

You Need:
4oz raw extra-lean ground beef
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp worcestershire sauce
dash salt and black pepper
1 wedge of laughing cow light original swiss cheese

(instead of adding the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and worcestershire sauce, I simply added hamburger spice that I have in my cupboard)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the swiss cheese. Make the burger into a ball and push into the patty with your thumb (but not all the way through). Then, insert the swiss cheese (I only use 1/2 of the swiss cheese because i find it hard to close the hole that you made if you put in the whole swiss cheese). Then close the hole and flatten into a patty (watch out of the cheese though!). Then cook the patty thoroughly, but do not press down with a spatula because the cheese will come out.

Hope you enjoy this as much as my fiance and I do!!!! It really hits the spot if you're craving a burger!! We like ours with ketchup, lettuce, tomato on an Arnold sandwich thin (it is only 100 cals and has a lot of fiber).

Enjoy!!

Replies

• lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! Sounds Yummy!!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! I just bought my first Laughing Cow cheese today! Garlic and Herb, very Garlicy, but good. I will have to try this recipe.
  • Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • pharah
    pharah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yum that sounds awesome!