Quest sea salt caramel powder?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Any feedback? Good recipes? I'm almost out of protein powder and need a change.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,619 Member
    Options
    I've finally succumbed to not being a sea salt caramel kind of girl but it's Quest so I don't think you can go wrong. Once their sample program is back up, I'm sure you can request or buy a sample pack. I'll probably do that for the banana flavored but so far I'm loving the peanut butter and the chocolate milkshake. I have the vanilla to try too but haven't gotten around to it.

No recipes other than put bowl on scale, weigh cottage cheese or greek yogurt, tare, weigh protein powder. :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Have not tried that flavor but I've had vanilla, chocolate, and peanut. And I gotta say they are the best tasting protein powders I have ever tryed and extremely thick which I love.Also they are the only protein powders that actually keep me full for hours.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok I ordered some. I typically only use it with oatmeal or yogurt but would love some ideas.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok I ordered some. I typically only use it with oatmeal or yogurt but would love some ideas.

I like two cups of coffee, one cup of milk, and a scoop of protein powder (have not tried this one, but I like caramel lattes).
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You could make your own no bake protein bars with it. I just tried this recipe with vanilla powder. I bet they would be awesome with the sea salt caramel powder though!

http://www.theleangreenbean.com/no-bake-protein-bars/
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    You could make your own no bake protein bars with it. I just tried this recipe with vanilla powder. I bet they would be awesome with the sea salt caramel powder though!

About how many calories did that come to per bar?
  • barbecuesauce
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Shut the front door.

I'm basically obsessed with anything salted caramel. Must have.

Have you tried those Special K bars? I have, but didn't find them worth the calories. Not caramel-y enough for my tastes.
  • Francl27
    Options

Yeah I jus can't eat a batch before they go bad typically.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Plugged in the values from that site:
    Saturated fat and cholesterol seems high per bar. How do these things work? Personally, I don't consider bars whose carb content outweighs protein as "protein bars".

Amount Per Serving
    calories 199
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 13 g 20 %
    Saturated Fat 8 g 39 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 47 mg 16 %
    Sodium 125 mg 5 %
    Potassium 82 mg 2 %
    Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4 %
    Dietary Fiber 2 g 7 %
    Sugars 4 g
    Protein 8 g 16 %
    Vitamin A 8 %
    Vitamin C 1 %
    Calcium 9 %
    Iron 8 %
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't like the chocolate milkshake that much but I LOVE the peanut butter and now I MUST try the salted caramel!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've had it- sooooo good! You can request a sample on the site. They send you 2 bars and 2 single serve protein powder packs
  • Francl27
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So I finally got it and mixed myself a shake with some 1% milk... Loved the texture and how thick it is (I used one cup for one scoop and it was even too thick for me). Seems very filling too, but it could be because I've been very hungry today and eating a lot, and it's the last thing I ate, so who knows...

Taste wise though, I'm very disappointed... the caramel flavor is very light :( It pretty much tastes like vanilla.

I'll have some tomorrow in my oatmeal cooked in water and I'll try it in yogurt but bleh. I'm just disappointed. Maybe the milk masked the flavor. Who knows. I'll try with water next time I guess.