I despise myself

Options
really struggling tonight. For many reasons. A visit to the mother's never bodes well for my self esteem. I've always been a sensitive person, take things to heart. But I'm fed up of repulsing myself when I look in the mirror. It makes dieting so much harder because I feel so *kitten* that I have very little motivation :(

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It should make dieting easier. If you don't like the way you look, it's totally in your power to change that. That's good news.

• Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sweetheart, I don't know you. I have never seen you, and I don't have to to tell you something I believe with my whole heart: your weight says nothing about you. You are beautiful with it, and without it. There is nothing disgusting about fat, about curves, about anything you might hate about yourself when looking in the mirror. If you want to lose weight because you feel more comfortable that way, then set that as a goal and work towards it. Use it as motivation every time you weight out a portion of food and every time you say no (or even yes) to some foodstuff you are not even hungry for. Take what you see in the mirror and know that every day under calories takes you that much closer to the body you envision yourself having. That is the best motivation you can have. Also: there is more to this journey than the physical change. If you eat for health, you will gain energy, you will feel heapier and stronger. Even more reasons to stick with it. As for haters: there will always be people who put you down. You are not on this journey for them, you are on this jouney for you. Never forget that. You are the only person who matters when it comes to weight loss. If you want support, add me as a friend. I'll gladly help you any way I can. Don't give up, alright? And don't judge yourself so hard. Celebrate the victories and forgive yourself for stumbling along the way. You're still making it down the road one step at a time <3
  • rosatarry
    rosatarry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much x
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I second everything faithful_chosen has so elequently said, be strong, we are all here to meet our goals whatever they may be, talk it out, try not to internalise your feelings maybe speak with someone you trust you'd be surprised how many of us go through negative thoughts but we are still here still winning one day at a time
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Please, stop hating yourself so much!! I know, it's easier said than done, but truly unless you're a child molester or an ax murderer there's no reason for so much hate! Maybe you're not happy with the way you look, but really, other than the Kardashians, who is? Everyone wants to be a little thinner, a little more toned, a little tanner, a little taller, etc, etc, etc. Learn to love yourself & realize that you're a human being & you're not perfect. Do your best every day, if you fall pick yourself up & try again because you're worth it!!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, I don't know you. I have never seen you, and I don't have to to tell you something I believe with my whole heart: your weight says nothing about you. You are beautiful with it, and without it. There is nothing disgusting about fat, about curves, about anything you might hate about yourself when looking in the mirror. If you want to lose weight because you feel more comfortable that way, then set that as a goal and work towards it. Use it as motivation every time you weight out a portion of food and every time you say no (or even yes) to some foodstuff you are not even hungry for. Take what you see in the mirror and know that every day under calories takes you that much closer to the body you envision yourself having. That is the best motivation you can have. Also: there is more to this journey than the physical change. If you eat for health, you will gain energy, you will feel heapier and stronger. Even more reasons to stick with it. As for haters: there will always be people who put you down. You are not on this journey for them, you are on this jouney for you. Never forget that. You are the only person who matters when it comes to weight loss. If you want support, add me as a friend. I'll gladly help you any way I can. Don't give up, alright? And don't judge yourself so hard. Celebrate the victories and forgive yourself for stumbling along the way. You're still making it down the road one step at a time <3
    ^^^This

Beauty is very subjective, your main motivation should be health and not beauty.
  • adriaticsea
    adriaticsea Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Hear hear! Beautifully said!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I don't know you BUT...when I hear self-talk like that, so full of hate, I think of my own self (because I'm old and wise now) and where that self-hatred comes from. A lot of times it comes from legitimate anger that someone else deserves but for whatever reason you can't let loose at them. It seems like when we are helpless to express our rage sometimes it gets turned inwards and we call ourselves "disgusting" and "repulsive" because our minds are trying to justify why we're so mad at ourselves.

Try to imagine your best friend came to you and said she feels disgusting and she hates herself just because of her weight. What would you say to her?