Air Force!

Options
I am entering the Air Force next summer and I have 50 pounds to lose! Any tips or inspiration would be appreciated I would love to meet new people who have the inspiration to lose weight like me. ☺️

Replies

• MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request! I'm currently working out to lose weight to join too! ☺
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You to are awesome, thank you for your interest in serving. Good luck!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to serve! As an 8 year Navy veteran it will always be my proudest achievement.

Take it slow - you have plenty of time and you are entering an environment where physical readiness will not only be required, but incorporated into your growth. Work with your recruitment office and find a support group to prepare you for the challenges you will face. Much of the military is a mental game - go in with a positive attitude and there is no limit to your success.

Bravo Zulu!
  • mhdashler
    mhdashler Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am retiring from the Air Force in October after serving 23 1/2 years on active duty. I may not be able to answer many of your fitness questions, but if you have any general questions about the Air Force, feel free to add me and then message me. Best of luck, and thanks for choosing to serve our country!
  • ChandelCombs
    ChandelCombs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am entering the Air Force next summer and I have 50 pounds to lose! Any tips or inspiration would be appreciated I would love to meet new people who have the inspiration to lose weight like me. ☺️

I'm a Navy veteran :) Sent you a friend request!
  • ChandelCombs
    ChandelCombs Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Congratulations on your decision to serve! As an 8 year Navy veteran it will always be my proudest achievement.

Take it slow - you have plenty of time and you are entering an environment where physical readiness will not only be required, but incorporated into your growth. Work with your recruitment office and find a support group to prepare you for the challenges you will face. Much of the military is a mental game - go in with a positive attitude and there is no limit to your success.

Bravo Zulu!

What rate? :)
  • CompM
    CompM Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was in the AF for several years. All the late nights, the contingency exercises, the enormous pressure was worth it in the end. There are still some days I miss it. If you need a(nother) female perspective, feel free to add me. I got to see lots of sides in action and made lifelong friends.

You can do it!
  • melissaschmidt56
    melissaschmidt56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 10 more pounds to loose to join the air force! I am down 15 already!!! You are not alone :)
  • judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm a USAF vet as well, it was a wonderful experience...worked on F-16's, got to travel a lot and met lots of great people! Best of luck, hit me up if I can answer any questions or add me for support and motivation!