New Girl from the Midwest :)

Options
Hey Ya'll! I just joined here and am looking to lose about 45 pounds. I'm from Midwest Kansas and thought I'd see if there were any other Kansans running around here?!

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the coolest place around! good luck with your goals!:drinker:
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Kansas right here! :) Grew up in Olathe. Moved to Emporia for school. Living in Wichita- for now... you?
  • whittylynn
    whittylynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in Hays! My brother just moved to Lindsborg from Wichita.
  • KayleighDawn13
    Options
    Not Kansas but pretty darn close! Nebraska here!! :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'm in Hays! My brother just moved to Lindsborg from Wichita.
    Oh I cant tell you how many times I have driven through Hays..... I lived in Colorado for many years, but with family in Texas and Georgia I made many road trips down I-70!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm in Joplin...just a few minutes from the Kansas state line...welcome to MFP!
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Awesome we're so close Whittylynn!.. and we have the same middle name :)

How is everything jrdoty8986.. is there anything you need?
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options

Are you where the tornado hit? Are you and your family okay?
  • Athena413
    Options

Are you where the tornado hit? Are you and your family okay?

I am where the tornado hit, but me and my family are okay. I live about 15 blocks from ground zero. Thankful every day that I still have a house, my job, my car, my husband, etc...but heartbroken for all the lives that have changed so much so fast.

Rochele, I don't personally need anything, but thank you for asking! There are a lot of people in town that are really hurting right now, though. I think some of the biggest needs right now are gas cards/money for gas or rubbermaid storage tubs to store stuff in. If you know of anyone sending any sort of relief to Joplin, these are the items we really need. We have plenty of clothes and water and toothbrushes! :smile:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    The other thing Joplin needs is hands... manual labor for clean up. I am from Rolla, 3 hours up I-44. I went down Saturday and spent all day pulling debris to the curb so the city could get it out of the yards. So much debris... the devestation is eye-opening and emotionally draining.

Welcome to MFP. I was born and raised near the MO/KS line, north of KC.
  • Athena413
    Options
    The other thing Joplin needs is hands... manual labor for clean up. I am from Rolla, 3 hours up I-44. I went down Saturday and spent all day pulling debris to the curb so the city could get it out of the yards. So much debris... the devestation is eye-opening and emotionally draining.

Welcome to MFP. I was born and raised near the MO/KS line, north of KC.

Thank you! :heart:
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Kansas right here! :) Grew up in Olathe. Moved to Emporia for school. Living in Wichita- for now... you?

Ugh, not a fan of Emporia, will be in Wichita over the weekend =D