I'm so hungry!!

Options
2»

Replies

• sandhya95
    sandhya95 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had 950 calories left at about 2 pm. To some it may seem like a lot but it's hard for me since I am used to eating three big meals a day and like to snack in between. I know I need to improve my fruit and veggie intake since I'm picky when it comes down to those and they never seem to fill me up. I'm going to try my best to keep at it!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Only???? Only 950?!

That's a lot of calories!! That's a TON of calories. You could, eat McDonald's with that kind of calories.

I could have two or three meals for that.

That's the better part of my whole day, every day.

Only.

How many calories do you usually eat?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    sandhya95 wrote: »
    I only want to loose 10 pounds but a few more won't hurt :)

Is your calorie budget based on losing 0.5 pounds per week? With only 10 ish pounds to lose, any more is too aggressive a goal, which will indeed leave you hungry.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    sandhya95 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm going to take all your suggestions into consideration. I have only been using MFP for a few days now and I don't like feeling hungry and frustrated so I guess I have to work on getting over that. Also, I am vegetarian, have a pretty big appetite and have a hard time feeling full unless I have bread or rice. I'm drinking coffee now then going to try to head out for a long walk to get the rest of my steps in!

What about legumes? At the vegetarian communities in which I used to live, those were a staple.

Beans: The Super Food that Keeps You Full

The humble bean is quite the super food: packed with calcium, iron, potassium, B vitamins, plus about a quarter of the protein and half the fiber recommended daily for adults—all in a single serving. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, beans may even lower LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels, which can help boost heart health. Beans also do double duty in the food pyramid as both a vegetable and a protein. Not to mention, beans are easy to cook with, widely available and inexpensive.

Beans and their legume cousins (such as soybeans, chickpeas and lentils) have been cultivated and consumed for centuries as a part of many world cuisines: Black beans figure prominently in Central American and Caribbean dishes, chickpeas are a staple of Middle Eastern cooking, lentils are common in Indian and Persian recipes, and white beans are a fixture of French and Italian cookbooks.

Even though beans offer a slew of health benefits and culinary flexibility, they aren't a prominent staple of American diets—though many vegetarians routinely incorporate beans in their cooking. Perhaps it's a matter of taste or texture: By themselves, cooked beans aren't intensely flavorful (but that makes them a great foundation for other ingredients like tomatoes, peppers and herbs) and their texture can be a bit mushy if overcooked. Then there's the gastrointestinal effect that beans produce in some people. Because beans are high in both complex carbohydrates and soluble fiber, they can cause gas when they're digested in the large intestine. Rinsing canned beans can remove some of the sugars that can cause gas as well. (Beano, sold in most drug and grocery stores, is commonly thought to help avoid such distress. Adding a strip of kombu to dried beans during cooking also helps.) Learn how to make your beans less musical!

Beans have such compelling nutritional benefits that they're worth experimenting with in your kitchen. Here’s how.

Read more: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1589
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein and fats for satiety.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    maybe she means that she has a daily calorie allotment of 1200 and she used 950 of that already.

When not, and 950 is left calories which still can be eaten, i dont see the problem.