watermillion Posts: 87 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I'll PM you my photos

Please don't be mean I'm human

https://imageshack.com/i/pa4XWZahj

I feel like the photos aren't giving an accurate representation but this is all I can do for now. I don't like the stretch marks back there and feel thighs look more lumpy in certain lightings

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Errrr....why do you have to PM them?

tumblr_lvyt5lj0xG1r3jyz9o1_500.gif
  • discnjh
    discnjh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Errrr....why do you have to PM them?

tumblr_lvyt5lj0xG1r3jyz9o1_500.gif

Perhaps the only photo this person has of their thighs also includes some.... Other stuff.
  • watermillion
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No, I just don't feel confident enough to post them on an open forum. I'm not very happy with them and dont know if I should forgo wearing shorts
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    No, I just don't feel confident enough to post them on an open forum. I'm not very happy with them and dont know if I should forgo wearing shorts

Your profile says your 5'8 and 160lbs. I think it'll be okay if you wear shorts, though it should be more about whether you like to or not. Not whether other people think you should or shouldn't.
  • watermillion
    edited July 2015
    Options

Your profile says your 5'8 and 160lbs. I think it'll be okay if you wear shorts, though it should be more about whether you like to or not. Not whether other people think you should or shouldn't.
    I lost more weight. Currently, I'm 138lbs and I have stretch marks on my calves.

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Currently, I'm 138lbs and I have stretch marks on my calves.

I still think that it should be up to you, not other people.
  • Kriistabell
    Kriistabell Posts: 181 Member
    Options

Currently, I'm 138lbs and I have stretch marks on my calves.

I still think that it should be up to you, not other people.

^^ true dat.

However, if you're uncomfortable posting here (which I find to be the most supporting place on the interwebz and lyfe in general) then you won't be comfortable in shorts in public.
  • Tundeg
    Tundeg Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No worries If you are not comfortable posting them then don't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Fry them.... Or bake them
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

I lost more weight. Currently, I'm 138lbs and I have stretch marks on my calves.

I don't think I would have noticed them if you hadn't pointed it out. You should wear what makes you happy. You look fine in those shorts.
  • BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The Rock has stretch marks on his shoulders. I don't mind seeing him shirtless. Just saying.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I can't tell from the photo how well you can run, squat, lunge, dance, etc, so it's hard to give my opinion about your thighs. B)
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Your legs look fine. My thighs are jiggly as hell but they carry me where I need to go and they are strong and help lift and spin and whatever else I want to do. My thighs are great and so are yours! Be proud of your body.
  • watermillion
    Options

Cherimoose wrote: »
    I can't tell from the photo how well you can run, squat, lunge, dance, etc, so it's hard to give my opinion about your thighs. B)
    I didn't expect a comment that would be so vague. but whatever

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I went to a public pool yesterday. I'm sure your thighs are completely acceptable for shorts compared to what I saw yesterday...I spent most of my time trying to avoid staring at half of some lady's butt crack, b/c the bottoms of her 2 piece were 2 sizes too small. Nobody is going to notice a couple of stretch marks.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    If you need strangers to examine photos of your legs to decide whether or not they're 'acceptable' to be seen in shorts...there's probably not anything we can say to reassure you. Wear the shorts, don't wear the shorts.

Just remember that generally people are far less interested in others than you might think. You may feel like people are staring at your thigh judging and assessing them. I can pretty much guarantee that they're busy thinking about themselves.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    the photos are deleted. In all honesty though, *kitten* everyone else and wear what you want..
  • watermillion
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you need strangers to examine photos of your legs to decide whether or not they're 'acceptable' to be seen in shorts...there's probably not anything we can say to reassure you. Wear the shorts, don't wear the shorts.

Just remember that generally people are far less interested in others than you might think. You may feel like people are staring at your thigh judging and assessing them. I can pretty much guarantee that they're busy thinking about themselves.

People do point, stare and comment (in negative way) about other's fashion choices. I've had it happen to me before
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think that you should not wear shorts. NOT because I think your legs won't look good in them (I'm sure they look fine) but because you are not comfortable and will feel self conscious wearing them. Wear what makes you feel good.