Happy with progress so far!

Options
Not as inspiring as some but I wanted to share anyway. I started the LCHF diet to gain control over my type 2 diabetes and yesterday when I visited my doctor I got the good news, 6.0! Down from 8.6 in only 2 months! I also have lost 4.5 cm of the waist and am starting to see the out lines of my abbs for the first time in a long while. He told me if I keep this up for another two months (A1c) he will remove my drugs and that is something I have desired since I was first diagnosed.
The best part of living this way is all my sensors have gotten sharper and I have started back in the gym, a place that I have not been for over 10 years! I feel so good and try to help as many as I can, my Mum is trying this and at 79 and she is feeling stronger and her mind is sharper that ever. I hope to loose a lot more weight and get to see my abbs completely one day. I am still learning about controlling my carbs and protein numbers so as I zero in on my personal numbers I know I will get the results, NEVER GIVE UP TRYING!
Cheers all Peter.

Replies

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, great job! Although I love all the success stories, I think it is the diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol ones that inspire me the most. I am pre-diabetic, and am hoping with this weight loss to move out of that category, and get off of all these other drugs, so thank you for being my inspiration for today. :) Keep up the good work.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Good job keep up the good work
  • Tundeg
    Tundeg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats
  • PeterVMC2015
    PeterVMC2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind reply's, I hope you are doing well to. Regards Peter
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    That's great that you are taking action Peter. Some people cannot (Type 1 Diabetics, like my brother). He'll always be insulin dependent, but he is controlling other aspects of it with eating healthier and exercising regularly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!