looking younger

Options
I have spent the last 20 minutes looking through before/after pics of Success Stories! It is amazing motivation!!!
did you ever notice how much younger these people look after they drop even 20lbs? You can see the confidence in their faces and I'm glad that they have shared their stories.
i feel I can keep on track this week, just because of these stories.
If you look in the mirror and think "geez I'm gettin old", you need to go look at the before/after pics. It is quite uplifting!

Replies

• keiwilson
    keiwilson Posts: 4
    Options
    om gosh thank u for ur post!! im 36 yrs old and ive become so heavy that i just dont recognize my own reflection in the mirror and to me i look so much older now...so looking at ur post has made me so happy that i will definitely look younger wen i lose weight...i love posts! sooo uplifting
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've lost only about 30 lbs from my heaviest and an acquaintance recently told me I looked like a teenager (I'm 35)!

It is a strange effect!
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    It definitely the thing I notice the most: it's not size difference, but the fact that everyone before they lost weight looked about 20 years older than their real age... So strange!
  • beckusjane
    beckusjane Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! My sister lost a ton of weight and she looks much younger than me. She is 2 years older. I am trying to follow in her footsteps. Thanks for the reminder:)
  • LuvChocLabs
    LuvChocLabs Posts: 20
    Options
    It is very true that weight gain adds years - not only in looks, but in overall health. Another thing that REALLY helps you look younger because you're losing weight is drinking water. The more water you drink, the more hydrated your skin gets. I have noticed an amazing change in my complexion since I started drinking my 8 glasses a day. (Trick to that: I stumbled across a 32 oz plastic water bottle with a molded handle in it and a pop top. It's fabulous because I only have to fill it twice a day, and it's not heavy to carry with me. I'm drinking now more out of habit than anything else because it's easy to get to. Check dollar stores for something like it.)