Dry July

Options

Replies

• Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, made it back from the weekend and it was a total success. Not only did I manage to stick to water the whole time, but I weighed in this morning lower than my weigh in weight on Friday. That NEVER happens since I usually drink so much over the weekends. Down 3.6 since going dry 7 days ago. :smile:
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fantastic @Somebody_Loved that's amazing :)
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Wednesday - still going strong - not even really missing it as much now. Also, just realized that I am saving money too!!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Fantastic @tmbg1 :) Sun's out here, working tonight so no temptation here B)
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Had seltzer & lemon on my anniversary while dh had a sangria. He was proud of me, but it really wasn't/isn't too bad. And YES, the money being saved
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    maryerline wrote: »
    I'll do this with you! This is one of my major goals for this summer. I'm on day 3 of insanity and have wanted for a very long to stop drinking. I drink a TON. It's very hard not to seeing as I work at a bar. But I'm committed to living a healthy life and the alcohol has got to go. Nothing wrong with alcohol but for me once I start I don't stop.

Hey there, just out of curiosity, how much is a ton? People have different thoughts on quantity. I just wondered because depending how much you do drink it could be dangerous to stop drinking abruptly. Alcohol secession can cause fatal seizures and heart dysthymias. Sometimes it's better to ask a doc to help you lessen or quit drinking. There are ways that's of doing it so it doesn't have to be so painful stopping.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Just out of curiosity - has anyone felt any withdrawal? I was drinking 1-3 big glasses of wine every day after work and occasionally even 4. I thought that withdrawal might be an issue, but it hasn't, and I am about to finish week 3. I have had some serious cravings, but no physical symptoms.
  • tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was replying to "letting go of the booze" and someone posted the link here. Copy of post I left there:

I quit drinking 6 days ago and was thinking of posting the same (new member here). Cleaned up my diet food wise over the past two years, but could not shake the binge. Beer is my go to choice, but I can throw down whatever! And I am not talking about social drinking. It became a daily thing at home. Though it's wrecked my figure, what made me drop it was due to health issues rearing their ugly head. I'm In!
  • tottie3912
    Options
    karinf wrote: »
    Hi everyone - great challenge! I stopped drinking in June - it's been three weeks but I haven't lost any weight and I think it's because my sugar cravings are through the roof. I'm not normally big on sweets, but now I'm raiding my kids' stashes. I'm hoping this will pass.

I hear sugar cravings are a side effect of dropping the booze. So if that's the case, it will pass. Hang in there!
  • tmbg1
    Options
    I have been craving chocolate milk since I stopped...lol....could be worse.
  • tdecel
    tdecel Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If any one is really serious about quitting, or has issues with alcohol, there is always www.soberrecovery.com/forums/
  • SkinnyCat39
    SkinnyCat39 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know we are half way through July but I just found this thread. Count me in if it's not too late! I could be rockin on weight loss, but the freakin beer has been a major speed bump. Currently drinking Sundays-Wednesdays-Fridays. Want to stop until I hit another 24 pound loss then I am at my goal. :-)
  • changinghabits22
    changinghabits22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a drinking problem--no doubt. Enough to drive me to look in the yellow pages after a blackout one night (like many blackout nites before
  • docvic123
    docvic123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too. Just found the thread, but I've been dry since July 5th. Not easy, but I can't ever lose weight unless I stop drinking. It helps that my social life is basically non-existent right now, but I may be invited to a party tomorrow after work. Good luck to everybody!!
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the rest of the month!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Hi to everyone who has just joined in :)
    3 weeks tomorrow for me...major sugar craving yesterday, ended up stuffing my face at a work buffet last night...actually felt like I had a sugary induced hangover this morning...not good!!! >:) Back on it today, but not expecting any movement of the scales on Monday...I need to re-focus :)
  • tottie3912
    Options
    Hi to everyone who has just joined in :)
    3 weeks tomorrow for me...major sugar craving yesterday, ended up stuffing my face at a work buffet last night...actually felt like I had a sugary induced hangover this morning...not good!!! >:) Back on it today, but not expecting any movement of the scales on Monday...I need to re-focus :)

Congrats on three weeks! Boy I am a week in and already getting sugar cravings. Pretty much just pushing through it. But did not expect to get this soon! Must have been borderline alcoholic. lol (Hopefully no one is offended, I like to use humor with difficult situations.)
  • tottie3912
    Options
    Day 8. Doing better! Am able to push harder in my workouts which is awesome. Also I noticed my skin is not as red as usual/under eyes not as dark.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Good job, everyone!

Today is 2 weeks for me and I'm down 4.6 pounds. I'm happy to see the loss (along with saving money and feeling better) but it's indicative of how much I was drinking before. I'm really going to focus on moderation when adding it back, as the benefits of cutting it out the past couple weeks have been great.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    27 days and counting...!