Lower back exercises for pain?

Options
Hey there, I've always had lower back pain and before I go to a doctor or chiropractor and spend my money, I want to see if I can fix it myself. Does anyone know good exercises for the lower back? I mean the L3, L4, and L5 vertebrae. Thanks!!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There are various reasons for low back pain, each with their own treatment, hence the value of seeing a medical professional. But generally speaking, what tends to help a lot is:

1 - getting to your ideal weight

2 - minimizing long stretches of inactivity (stay active)

3 - contracting your transversus abdominis muscle all throughout the day, whether moving around or sitting.
  • Tundeg
    Tundeg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Knee to chest, double knee to chest, prone on elbows, pelvic tilt, hamstring stretch, bridging, planks. They helped my back :)
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    good posture always. i found some stretches that tend to make lower back pain worse that i had been doing a lot. they feel really good but i guess they actually cause more inflammation. avoid things like bending over and touching your toes. cherimoose had some great suggestions.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Yoga really helps my low back pain. I started out doing beginner yoga videos on YouTube. There are lots of them and some are specific to back pain. Now I do my own series of exercises, focusing on back and neck flexibility.