Needing encouragement!

Options
So I have been on my diet a week now... lost 6lbs I had ONE slice of pizza today I am still under my calorie goal, is that ok? to have had the slice of pizza? I really hope the weight keeps falling off I have about 30 kilos plus to lose. How is everyone else going? I love hearing about peoples journeys :)

Replies

• michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine if you're under your calorie goal, just keep going and try to make healthier choices, your body will thank you for it :) I find pizza actually makes me more hungry when I eat a slice, so try to stay away as much as possible!
  • Emmalicious69
    Options
    I have been having light lasagnas stuff like that generally! subway etc it was just a one off kind of thing I really needed to eat ;P
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I go with 'everything in moderation' if I really want something AND it also fits in my calorie goals for the day I have it. I think that depriving yourself of things you want tends to usually lead to binging sooner or later. I have lost 36lbs in 2.5 months doing it this way and it hasn't slowed down my weight loss.
  • Emmalicious69
    Options
    I have been having light lasagnas stuff like that generally! subway etc it was just a one off kind of thing I really needed to eat ;P
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I almost wanna call troll shenanigans at this question being asked...but I wont. A calorie is a calorie... it doesn't matter where it comes from, so being under your daily calorie goal means there's no mathematical logical way you can gain weight. The only outside factors from specific foods that you eat come from non-calorie effects; i.e. sodium > water retention > false fluctuated gain in weight. Plus, depending on the foods you eat may make you not feel full and/or not have the adequate nutrients to benefit other aspects of health besides weight, such as blood pressure, glucose levels, essential vitamins and minerals, etc. But all in all, calories are undiscriminating among food. 300 calories from a slice of pizza is the same caloric value as 300 calories from a large plate of vegetables. As long as you haven't gone over your goal, you're fine, in terms of weight loss.
  • hyper588
    hyper588 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm getting away from the word "diet" and replacing it with "healthy lifestyle choices". Since "diet" suggest an end to the process, which I don't think that works for me. Pizza (or anything) is fine, as long as you stay under you calorie limit and are incorporating exercise into the plan. With that in mind, when limiting calories, it is important to make choices that will get the nutrition your body needs too. I add supplements to assure I'm getting proper nuitrition.