Fallen off the wagon

Options
I have fallen off the wagon and even though I have only gained 2 kg, my thoughts are haywire and I cannot manage to make it through 1 day without errors.
Can anyone help before it gets out of control (more than it is)?

Replies

• oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Forget about it. Today is a new day and a clean slate. Plan what you're going to eat today and go ahead and programme in that exercise. Take it one meal at a time. You CAN do this!!!
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. I think you will struggle to find anyone who doesn't slip every now and then. Start tomorrow with a fresh postive outlook - we are only human.
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    you need to give yourself a new goal to work towards - with goals firmly in our hearts and our heads it makes it easy to resist temptations and stay focussed.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Dont kick yourself over this, take it one meal at a time and wipe the slate clean forget about what you have eaten and start afresh, thats the best way to do it.

Becasue if you concentrate on what you have eaten and how you have failed then you wont get back on the wagon again and it will just go round and round and round.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Just take it slowly, and when you've completed just 1 'good' day you'll be inspired to keep it up so you don't ruin what you've achieved.

The difference for me in losing weight this time (as opposed to all the others over the past 11 years) is that I haven't let falling off the wagon spiral. I've learnt that when I have a bad day I dust myself off and jump straight back on! Once you've mastered that you'll have it under control! Nothing wrong with the occasional splurge day!!

Good luck, you can do this!!! xx
  • Merlygirly
    Merlygirly Posts: 8
    Options
    Don't worry about what you did because it's past and you can't change it, all you do is learn from it - it's what you do going forward that counts -
    Think:
    What originally motivated you to lose weight - is it still relevant? Maybe you need to get back in touch maybe you need a new motivator.
    What made you fall off the wagon? Can you avoid that in the future?
    Honestly I think all you need to do is lose just one KG and you'll be back on track -

Good Luck :bigsmile:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i also fell off the wagon the last couple of months....and put on 1 stone(14 lbs) yes i know.....

well i think i'm back! yay...
    i REALLY didnt want to get back into all the exersice an all that BUT i made myself do j/m shred on day 1 and a bi extra exersice(it was a super struggle) but i DID do it...and as soon as you get through 1 day of being super good it will get SOOOOOOOO much easier i promise..
    empty the house(as much as you can of crappy fooods you know you will turn to stock up on fruit forget what you have done in the past and just GO FOR IT nothing to loose(only weight) :)
    good luck
    add me if you need help x
  • geeky1
    geeky1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • geeky1
    Options
    The problem is that I have been askew for the past month or so. I am genuinely scared that I am going to go back to where I was (in mind especially) before I started with MFP. I don't know how to fix this.
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    brush the dust off your butt and get back in the game hun !!!

that's pretty much it.
  • geeky1
    Options
    This morning (it is 9.30 ish am in Melbourne at the moment. I went for my walk and logged the details (I haven't even been using MFP!!!) and then ate breakfast and logged that. Am going to keep going this way until it becomes natural again.

I have just ordered an audio book called the Beck Diet Solution which is meant to be a guide on emotional eating etc.

Thank you for being there.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Ok it's going to sound unorthodox but it really worked for me, I was a night binger who would eat super healthy all day and I would screw it up in one hour at night, after years of going back and forth with this out of desperation I decided to try this cd my hippie friend told me about. It is Kelly Howell's sacred body guided meditation cd. You listen to it for 30 minutes every day for 4-6 weeks, you have to listen with a headset (there are special brain waves in the music) Anyway it is very very relaxing (bonus). I swear it worked for me and I started noticing subtle but significant changes within a week and a half, since then It's been over six weeks and I have not had a slip up and I am down quite a few lbs. It really worked for me and what can you lose by trying it, but do try to do it everyday for at least 4 weeks. It repatterns your habits on a deep level thats why it takes a few weeks of listening to make sure it fully changes your habits
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    There is a TV commercial here in the U.S. It's a female dieter, and she says, "Every morning I start my diet with the best of intentions, only to break it every night." She is my kindred spirit!

I fall off every night. I don't fall off as fast if I eat "good carbs" during the day. But, if I eat no carbs or bad carbs, I'm heading for the bad stuff. Like you, evening hours are deadly for me.

Like you, I fall off...but then when the size 10's get too tight (150 pounds for me), it's "game on."

I'm sick of this cycle. It's almost like a domestic violence schedule.

From having fallen off the wagon a million times, I can say that it's best to figure out when you're most volunerable. For me, it's the evening when I'm stressed from the day.

Now, I am taking up piano and I play during that time.

I will also come here to talk with you all, call a friend, take the kids to the tennis courts or park...just ANYTHING but sitting NEAR the fridge or tv.

At the late hours (8:00 for me), I like to watch one of those stupid, "Funniest Video" shows. Serious news will cause me to head to the fridge with all of that "panel" fighting.

Yoga helps me relax, and I'm trying to get that in at least once a week.

I have to live a lighter and more enjoyable life. Less stress, less binge eating. That's also part of my healthy life goals.
  • geeky1
    Options
    Hi,
    I tried getting this, but unfortunately no luck. I wanted to download it as post from USA can take ages!

Thanks anyway,
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    To me, the easiest way to get back on is with a single step. This could be by logging calories, drinking more water, exercising -- anything but focus on one thing vs being "perfect." Trying to be perfect can be overwhelming, and can lead to falling off the wagon (and not getting back up).
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Suzooz, you said it best.

I didn't realize I was a perfectionist and idealist until about a month ago. I was at our community pool and I was talking to an elderly gentleman who had a little too much to drink. We were talking about children and our lives, and he blatently told me (thanks to the alcohol) that my biggest problem was that I wanted a perfect life, with perfect kids, perfect marraige, and a perfect house. You see, I was telling him all the things I do to get the kids ahead and house projects I wanted to do. I always believed in goals, grades, acheivements, etc. Those traits are needed for figure skating and my career. Anyway, it was so obvious but I couldn't see it. He told me, "Lighten up, put a little less stress on you and the kids and the husband..and you'll all be happier." So, right now, when something causes me too much stress, I'm moving away from it.