how do you track food if/when your sleep pattern gets messed

Options
Schwiggity
Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
I slept the entire afternoon yesterday (Sunday) and now I'm still awake and it's 6am. I'm feeling a bit hungry, and wondering if it should count for my breakfast for Monday if I make something. Or do you just count by periods of consciousness?

Replies

• elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    My sleep habits can get pretty screwed up sometimes and tend to count a day as 'periods between consciousness'.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so I count between consciousness. When I wake up for my "day" at 6pm, that is when my calorie counting starts for the day.

Jessica
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I work rotating 12hr shiftwork. Whether I'm on days or nights, I count midnight to midnight.
  • jonga5910
    jonga5910 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think as long as your consistant, it shouldn't matter.
  • lorisowers
    lorisowers Posts: 64
    Options
    I work 7 on and 7 off nights, so I count between sleep periods.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think as long as your consistant, it shouldn't matter.
    i have two jobs with very different schedules...4 days a week i'm eating 'breakfast' in the car at 4 a.m. and the other 3 days i get to sit and eat breakfast at 5:30-6 a.m. but my first meal, whatever time, is 'breakfast'....then a mid-day snack...then 'lunch'...etc. but the point is to log the food (calories, sodium, whatever you're tracking), it doesn't matter what time/meal it's classified as.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I work rotating 12hr shiftwork. Whether I'm on days or nights, I count midnight to midnight.

I work 12hr night shift myself. I tend to try to be on a day schedule on my days off. I do as the poster I quoted and go from midnight to midnight.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I get up at noon and go to bed around 4 AM. I track from when I wake up to when I go to bed.
  • kakessle
    kakessle Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree with Mexipino and Gary1977.... I also work 12 hour rotating shifts and count midnight to midnight. I also make sure I have a little something before I go to bed in the morning... cereal or oatmeal. Makes me less hungry when I wake up.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I know people who work wierd hours etc set their diaries like this:
    07:00 - 19:00

19:00 - 07:00

for example