Deadlift PR 272

Options
QuikDogs
QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
Happy and tired and betting I could do more at competition!

Replies

• QuikDogs
    Options
    Btw I know it doesn't sound like much...but I am almost 57 and short and female.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like much? It's awesome!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,348 Member
    Options
    The world record DL was recently reset at 1020#. By comparison, my 405 1RM is nothing but a warmup.

But compared to what I used to lift, 405 is huge. There's always somebody stronger, it's great to admire stronger people and want to emulate them, but don't measure your own self-worth compared to others. Compare it to yourself. And if you lifted more today than you ever have before, that is simply AWESOME!!!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

I'm still working towards one day getting 225. It's great hearing what others achieve. No matter if the weight seems crazy heavy or light in comparison, we all have our own efforts and triumphs. So, well done.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are a wonderful exercise!

I'm sure it has benefitted you greatly.

That is an awesome accomplishment and congratulations!!

I like deadlifts. A great way for me to keep a thick strong core.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Team_KiKi wrote: »
    Btw I know it doesn't sound like much...but I am almost 57 and short and female.

never qualify your work.
    With anything.

You put the time and effort in. You are doing the work- it's still a personal record for you- not anyone else- YOUR'S alone.
    Congratulations!!! So close to 3 plates!!!
    Be proud of it. don't ever qualify hard work!!!!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congratulations!
  • QuikDogs
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I want those three plates SO BAD. I know I can go higher! Just a matter of time.

The best part is, this is s group of ladies, the youngest of us is 52. We love love love it when the high school football boys walk past us...the never say anything, but their eyes are popping out of their teen heads! Lol

And we have several serious body builders at our gym too. I made a bench PR a few weeks ago. I am weak there, so the PR was 86. He bounded over to fist bump me in that.

Gym culture is the BEST.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    The world record DL was recently reset at 1020#. By comparison, my 405 1RM is nothing but a warmup.

But compared to what I used to lift, 405 is huge. There's always somebody stronger, it's great to admire stronger people and want to emulate them, but don't measure your own self-worth compared to others. Compare it to yourself. And if you lifted more today than you ever have before, that is simply AWESOME!!!

Right here!!!

OP...congrats that's awesome! 3 wheels will be yours soon, keep lifting!!!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    Team_KiKi wrote: »
    Thanks so much everyone! I want those three plates SO BAD. I know I can go higher! Just a matter of time.

The best part is, this is s group of ladies, the youngest of us is 52. We love love love it when the high school football boys walk past us...the never say anything, but their eyes are popping out of their teen heads! Lol

And we have several serious body builders at our gym too. I made a bench PR a few weeks ago. I am weak there, so the PR was 86. He bounded over to fist bump me in that.

Gym culture is the BEST.

And that is awesome!

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Keep it up.