Minimalist Lifting Routine

Options
I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for different weight lifting exercises involving only dumbbells. Due to my cramped apartment, I don't really have space for any other equipment, save for maybe a curl bar. Nonetheless, I would like to be able to do a full lifting routine.

Links, descriptions, references to other posts/threads, etc. would be appreciated.

Replies

• AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Take a look at either You Are Your Own Gym, or Body by You. You don't even need the dumbbells.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is a good program. And any barbell moves in there you can always do with dumbbells (or easily find alternatives or dumbbell variations of the barbell moves)
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    A 31 year old male probably doesn't want to do Strong Curves ;)

Check out bodybuilding.com. Lots of programs there and you can find ones that just use dumbbells.
    What are your goals? Strength, size, sports training?
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Download the app 'Fitness Buddy', it lets you track the lifts you do and also has workout plans with good variety :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    mirrim52 wrote: »

Check out bodybuilding.com. Lots of programs there and you can find ones that just use dumbbells.

Ummm, why not? Although it is geared more towards women, it's not like the exercises are any different, or even the basic sets and rep ranges.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Ummm, why not? Although it is geared more towards women, it's not like the exercises are any different, or even the basic sets and rep ranges.

Yeah this.

Also, there are dumbbell modifications listed in the Eat, Train, Progress group - it's a handy list to have. Link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/902569/barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    check out the prison workout routines, they are all designed for small spaces with minimal equip. Just google prison workout, there is tons of info.
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Men's Health Spartacus 1.0 and 2.0 are both good routines that don't involve anything beyond dumbells. It's an HIIT program. They have DVDs and stuff that they sell now, but you can still find PDFs of the first 2 workout cycles online.
  • royalt213
    royalt213 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Kind of a general moderate bulking. Maybe a little sports training for hockey
  • royalt213
    royalt213 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    check out the prison workout routines, they are all designed for small spaces with minimal equip. Just google prison workout, there is tons of info.

Hahaha. I feel callous for laughing at that, but that's a great idea. Thanks!