Bread

Options
What kind of bread do you eat?

What is the best bread to eat to maintain healthy weight??

Replies

• lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I eat healthy life whole wheat, its 35 calories a slice. I also like Kangaroo honey wheat pita pockets which are 90 calories for a 1/2 pita. Not sure that it is "the best" though. :smile:
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love Sara Lee 45 cal whole wheat bread. It's very soft and tastes great and only 45 cal/slice. It also has 5grams of protein and 5grams of fiber per 2 slices.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I eat lite seedless rye bread... 130 for two slices (65 each).
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat Aunt Millies Healthy goodness bread. Both the potato and the whole grain are 35 calories a slice.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    http://www.oroweat.com/Products/Description.aspx?sSku=7313000073c this is the link to the bread I use... its 80 cals a slice and fulfilling :)
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I've switched to Healthy Life, it's only 35cal a slice! It's pretty good, and the slices seem thinner so you can actually focus on what you're putting on it, then how much bread you're getting ready to eat. I get my favorite sandwiches from some fast food places and then just switch out the bread when I get home, it saves a TON of calories :)
  • armywife121110
    Options
    I LOVE that idea!!
  • armywife121110
    Options
    they don;t sell healthy life bread in PA :(
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    aw, sucky :(
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread, but I buy my boyfriend Ezekial sprouted grain bread (freezer section). It's dairy-free, pretty high fiber.

If you're in PA, Giant / Wegmans / Giant Eagle stores generally carry it.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    Whole grain, nothing white!!!
  • armywife121110
    Options
    i dont eat white bread anymore and truthfully i havent had any bread in almost a month. I just want to try to incorprate some carbs into my diet as it mainly consists of chicken n veggies...
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I eat Stonemill Sprouted 3 Grain & Oatmeal bread: 130 cals per 2 slices, also 7g protein and 5g fibre. I think it is a Toronto/Ontario bread though.
  • lisabel87
    lisabel87 Posts: 152
    Options
    Go to Trader Joes and look at the ingredients of different breads! I forgot the kind I buy but its whole wheat with flax seed--the only chemical in it was enzymes I think which was the last ingredient. I think it was 100 calories per slice.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I eat Stonemill Sprouted 3 Grain & Oatmeal bread: 130 cals per 2 slices, also 7g protein and 5g fibre. I think it is a Toronto/Ontario bread though.

bump,
    good subject.... I also eat the same bread!!! I also eat the 12 grain
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    wheatgem hovis bread, yummy
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    wheat
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    I eat Arnold Sandwich Thins. http://www.arnoldbread.com/thins/ They come in several different varieties and are only 100 cal for a bun. They're great for hamburgers. I think they make hot dog style buns now also.
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I eat Food for Life Sprouted Grain Bread. Flour-free and it's delicious. I get it at Wegmans. It's in the organic frozen section. They have hamburger buns too.