5'11 176lbs, cutting @ 2250 cals help

Options
I was up at 82kg and managed to lose 2kg at 2250 cals/day, I'm now fluctuating around 79.9 - 80.3kg

I'm 19years old, male, train 5-6 times a week (3 days on, 1 day off) and feel these calories are so low

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    What is your question? Are you stalling? Those calories aren't low enough OR you need to purchase a food scale and log more accurately.

Once you're losing again, you can reevaluate whether you can lose on more calories.
  • fAaronheit
    fAaronheit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is your question? Are you stalling? Those calories aren't low enough OR you need to purchase a food scale and log more accurately.

Once you're losing again, you can reevaluate whether you can lose on more calories.

I have a food scale and I log everything to the gram! I think I have to lower my calories but I find myself to be very hungry sometimes, surely this means I'm a bit low?

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    fAaronheit wrote: »

I have a food scale and I log everything to the gram! I think I have to lower my calories but I find myself to be very hungry sometimes, surely this means I'm a bit low?

Or you're making bad choices. Figure out what fills you up--fiber, fat, protein--and fit more of that in your day. Play around with meal timing. Maybe you're not that hungry in the morning and could stand to skip breakfast (to give one example).
  • Krystle1984
    Krystle1984 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Depends what you're eating. 2250 calories of "junk" food isn't necessarily very filling. 2250 calories worth of protein, veggies and some healthy fats? That should definitely fill you up!

Open your diary and people will be able to give you better advice. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Hunger is not necessarily a sign of too low calories but possibly bad choices

How long are you stalling for

Try for high satieting proteins and fats, bulk out your meals with lots of low calorie vegetables

If you're strength training you won't be getting a huge exercise calorie burn benefit from that ..try upping your activity level or add more cardio

2250 is a decent amount of calories, but you shouldn't have an issue if you drop it to 2000 though
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It's true also for some, like me, that a decent amount of carbs keeps my hunger at bay ...I regularly consume around 250-300g carbs alongside my minimum of 100g protein