rewards for milestones

Options
I'm planning treats for myself at different stages of my weight loss journey. I've earned a spa day. Today I bought a blouse. Anyone else reward themselves for hard work achieving goal milestones?

Replies

• rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I've almost lost 10kg a Thailand holiday is booked for me
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I have rewarded myself along the way. Mostly things that will help me stay in shape. I have bought new workout clothes, new home equipment such has kettlebell, floor mat, hand weights etc. We have long winters here and once I reach my goal I want to be able to stay there. Having inside equipment and dvds will help.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    After 65 days of logging and faithfully working out I decided to actually get some workout clothes, weights, a yoga mat and two Jillian michaels dvd's. It wasn't so much reward as it was not wanting to spend money on stuff when I didn't trust myself to stick to it! It was fun shopping for fitness things :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My reward at the 8 month mark was a 2-week diet break where I upped my calories to maintenance. It was awesome.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I haven't done rewards for hitting specific milestones...I have indulged in myself more, though. For example, I bought a nice purse for my birthday (that was around my 15 pound mark) and I've bought a cute new top here and there. I did, however, tell my husband that if I'm able to get back into a bikini he should be prepared to take me to an island!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! I am going to try that maintenance reward. I think that will give me a taste of what my "new life" will be like. I am also a sucker for fitness clothing/accessories now.

A haircut always makes me feel like a million bucks. I also like collecting swag from completed runs. I just finished dying my Color Me Rad rag t-shirt, because my poor OCD husband insisted on trying to get all the "stains" out. The tie dye job was our compromise.

I've also memorialized fitness milestones by creating a little GIF or video. I now have a video of my first skate, my first ski, my first bike ride, and my first trampoline park.
  • ssingley13
    ssingley13 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My first "reward" will be a haircut. Which will hopefully come this coming week, depending how the scale looks Sunday. My next reward will be a set of weights. Then hopefully some workout clothes :blush:
  • debbiesmallVEGAN
    debbiesmallVEGAN Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!
  • debbiesmallVEGAN
    debbiesmallVEGAN Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love all ur reward ideas!!!
  • kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    These are so great!!!

My 9 year old gave me a marble for every pound I want to lose. Every Saturday I weigh and we all participate in moving a marble or (even better) marbles into a pretty vase. The baby loves to clap and we all cheer, and I get hugs when no marbles move or marbles hop back to the tin. Either way it's a gift each week I think!

I did tell my husband I want a massage at the halfway mark!
  • thatsagoodkitty
    thatsagoodkitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find rewards really help. For my latest one, I made an appointment with a dietician to really fine tune my nutritional needs, and make sure I'm on track to being healthy.

Next one, thinking of a heart rate monitor, or maybe a manicure. I like to decide on a few things I'd like and decide what when I get there :)
  • sheila2323
    sheila2323 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is 110 pounds from here. So, I'm going to set rewards at every 10 pounds, with biggies at the 25 pounds marks. Just need to decide what those are.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    These are so great!!!

My 9 year old gave me a marble for every pound I want to lose. Every Saturday I weigh and we all participate in moving a marble or (even better) marbles into a pretty vase. The baby loves to clap and we all cheer, and I get hugs when no marbles move or marbles hop back to the tin. Either way it's a gift each week I think!

I did tell my husband I want a massage at the halfway mark!

Lovely story it made me smile.

Not sure rewards worked for me. I did have a takeaway once when I hit a certain weight lost as a kind of reward, but hate to sound cliched the progress and having lost the weight is reward enough for me. Youll find you have more confidence and you feel a bit happier about your efforts as you make progress. I can see the rewards work for some sp use them if it makes you more effective.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have highlights planned for when I reach my next weight loss milestone. and so on, on my wall.