Anyone do yoga?

I practice yoga pretty often and I'm looking for some new routines or just people to talk too.(: Giving and getting support is always nice!^^

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i do aerial yoga. there is a yoga group here but it's pretty quiet
  • SierraLizz
    SierraLizz Posts: 7 Member
    Is there? I couldn't find any threads on yoga :c
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    I practice every day. I keep general ideas in mind when I'm having a more active day, but I mostly just follow my intuition and creativity to transition from one pose into the next. I'll unroll my mat, step into mountain pose, and breathe. Eventually, another pose will pop into my head, and it snowballs. Sometimes the next pose comes fairly quickly, other times, my body wants to stay where it is for a while.

Yoga threads pop up every few days. Most people here are probably more interested in the workout benefits of yoga, which makes sense. It's a fitness site. I'm working on my mental fitness, as well as physical. Feel free to add me!
  • girlcalledryan
    girlcalledryan Posts: 241 Member
    Vune, okay to add you for me as well? I am just getting into Yoga as a spiritual practice, also looking into ayurveda.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I sometimes will do a Jillian Yoga DVD, but not too often.
  • mericose
    mericose Posts: 70 Member
    2x a week - Hot Yoga - Amazing
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Vune, okay to add you for me as well? I am just getting into Yoga as a spiritual practice, also looking into ayurveda.

I added you. I never turn down a new friend (and I've only ever removed one)!
    moyer566 wrote: »

Thank you!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    I have been doing yoga (power Ashtanga) for 14 years now. Saved my sanity a view times. Once a week in a class and everyt weekday in the morning I have a routine.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    I love yoga. I get most of my ideas from Instagram yoga "challenges". Plus there are some amazing yogis out there.
  • cmt12345
    cmt12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Yes! I do Vinyasa :)
  • SierraLizz
    SierraLizz Posts: 7 Member
    Ah! I love Vinyasa! That's one of the few I'm learning to teach :)
  • runninghealthy
    runninghealthy Posts: 21 Member
    If you have an iPad or something similar, there's an app you can download called Yoga Studio. I think it's about $5 but it has a bunch of different classes targeted to ability levels (beginner, intermediate, expert), goals (strength, flexibility, yoga for runners), and time (15 min - 1 hour). It also lets you build your own classes. I take my iPad with me when I travel, and voila! Yoga routines at my fingertips no matter where I am! And the $5 one time fee is SO little compared to what you'll ever pay at a studio. Highly recommend! (Though as a caveat I'd add that I took yoga classes at my gym and a local studio for quite a while before working with this app on my own, which helped a lot in terms of having someone who was trained and could correct my form to make sure I'm not going to injure myself attempting difficult poses on my own)
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Me! I do vinyasa and yin about 4-5 times a week. I mostly go to a studio but I also practice at home. I search youtube for different sequences depending on my mood (e.g. hip openers, power yoga, gentle flow). My favourite youtube options are Fightmaster Yoga and Tara Stiles - they both have a huge range of options. Everything for 60+ mins of intense flow to 5 minutes of morning yoga you can do in bed.

I find yin to be really central to my recovery from other exercise but it's also a huge challenge mentally. To be so still for so long and really surrender to the pose takes a lot of effort for me but I'm improving.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    I practice Iyengar yoga nearly daily, have a yoga blog, a teach a couple of classes a week. The group used to be more active. I don't know what happened.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    cmt12345 wrote: »
    Yes! I do Vinyasa :)
    I do too. This is my absolute favorite
  • harriet_89
    harriet_89 Posts: 8 Member
    I used to do a fair amount of yoga, but stopped for a few years. I've just started practicing again 4 weeks ago. I don't know why I ever stopped I feel so much better already. I like to use an app called ydl (yoga download) or YouTube videos. Would love to be friends with other yogis!
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    I fit in short sessions here and there. For me, it's about working on balance, muscle control, flexibility, and core strength. Love it!
  • CrosbyMcDowell
    CrosbyMcDowell Posts: 113 Member
    I think yoga people will think this is hilarious. Takes a few minutes to read the whole thing but absolutely worth it. It's s Craig's list ad for a yoga mat used once but the guy goes into a hilarious account of the one yoga class he took.
    http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3153/Hilarious-Yoga-Mat-for-Sale-Ad-on-Craigslist.html?utm_source=mbg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=emailafriend
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,161 Member
    After an <insert excuse here> indused lapse I restarted a yoga practice.

I am doing a short daily at home sequence.

Today I took a full zoom live class. I remember now....live classes, wow.