I'm not pregnant just fat!

Options
I have a big tum and people are always asking me if I'm pregnant. Even more depressing was recently when a woman came up to me and said 'not long now!' indicating to my stomach. The worst thing is I've almost resigned myself to being fat. I need motivation. So this is why I've joined myfittnesspal

Replies

• cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Why do people do that?! I don't get it at all, it's not really anyones place to comment on a stranger, least of all when you could be wrong and really upset people. Pfft!
    The worst thing is I've almost resigned myself to being fat. I need motivation.

I think that's the case for a LOT of us on here. But welcome to MFP, if you're honest with the tracker and with yourself you should find that it's a lot easier than you thought. Best of luck :)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

I know you'll find success, and a new sense of confidence by using this site. The motivation you'll find here will propel you to your goals.

Feel free to add me!
  • aissance
    aissance Posts: 5
    Options
    that's happened to me too. This one time I even gave the guy an 'out'. He said, "when are you expecting" and I said, "expecting what?" to which he should have answered anything but, "the baby, you're pregnant aren't you?"... sigh
  • bike4now
    bike4now Posts: 52
    Options
    good luck
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    The problem here is that they don't mean to be cruel. They really think you're pregnant.

If this would happen to me I would definitely be upset aswell,but the point is that they meant to be nice,so just try to forget about it.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I've added you. :smile:
  • mobaypop
    mobaypop Posts: 15
    Options
    thanks xx
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Why is it that men never get that comment? :tongue:

When I started I didn't think I could lose the weight either. I've been fat my entire adult life, and I'd told myself I just couldn't do it. But guess what? I can ... I'm doing it, and it's not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.

I will say that one of my favourite things about the way my body shape has changed since I've started losing weight is that my stomach is no longer the first thing to enter a room. Now it's my boobs. :blushing:
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to the journey of your life..
    Remember you should not do this for anyone but you.
    It will be hard and long, but there are lots of people here who
    are willing and ready to help you along the way..
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    LOL you are really not the only one who that has happened to! yes me too,many occation... the last time wasa few months ago at the dentists in a waiting room full of people(and that was after i have lost 100lb!) i know to my horror and still i have no come back for them yet !!!
    so really not to worry it is there problem not yours my lovley