food lovers

so i was 212lb 10 months ago well now im down to 202.8 . i am thinking of trying food lovers anyone know anything about it ? i heard great storys so i thought i give it a try.

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Never heard of it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Never heard of it.

• chrissywebb19
    chrissywebb19 Posts: 8 Member
    its suppose to be where u eat whatever u want and dont count calories but u basic are reseting your meteblism from storing fat to burning fat super excited to start it soon as it comes in.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    I've never heard of it either.

I'm super skeptical when it comes to "diets" or certain ways to eat. Eating at a deficit & exercising has been the best way for me to lose weight.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Noodle797 wrote: »
    I've never heard of it either.

I'm super skeptical when it comes to "diets" or certain ways to eat. Eating at a deficit & exercising has been the best way for me to lose weight.

This!!!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    its suppose to be where u eat whatever u want and dont count calories
    That is not how it works. For weight loss you have to restrict calories. Some people prefer to not eat certain foods, or only eat at certain times of the day, other prefer to count calories. These methods are all OK, as long as they create a calorie deficit. Eating whatever and NOT count calories will NOT work.
    but u basic are reseting your meteblism from storing fat to burning fat
    This doesn't even make any sense. You can't reset your metabolism. You burn stored fat when in a calorie deficit.
    super excited to start it soon as it comes in.
    Good luck then! You will surely need it :o
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    its suppose to be where u eat whatever u want and dont count calories but u basic are reseting your meteblism from storing fat to burning fat super excited to start it soon as it comes in.

I've never tried it, but I just read a little. It looks like a portion control plan that recommends mostly nutrient dense food with some treats thrown in. You get a "fat loss" plate that helps to guide the portion size, so you don't have weigh or count calories. I did not read enough to find out how the plate sizes differ for people with different energy requirements.

There is no such thing as resetting metabolism. Maintaining a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. This program may help you do that if you follow its plan very closely. I wouldn't expect to lose 3 lb per week as it promises.

But portion control is also how I and many others are using MFP. For the cost of a food scale, I can have precise portions for every meal, I can track every macro and micro nutrient if I want, and I can make sure that I'm hitting a specific calorie goal that I can compare directly to my weight loss results. I have all the food in the world available to me.

I sounds like you already bought and are excited about the diet plan. You may find success in it. But if you are looking for validation, you probably won't find much here. I think it's an overpriced, gimmicky, and likely less effective alternative to counting calories with MFP and a food scale.
  • chrissywebb19
    chrissywebb19 Posts: 8 Member
    thanks everyone for theie opionons im very hopeful for this plan so we shell see what happens .