I just signed up for my first half marathon!

Options
shell1005
shell1005 Posts: 5,945 Member
Hey All!

I used to say I could never run. I used to think it was something those people did. I'm still not a great runner. I jog. However, I jog much more often and much more consistently. I've done 5Ks, 9Ks and just recently a 10K. A friend is doing a half marathon and tried to convince me to play along. I was not having it. That's 13 miles fool!

Well, I have been doing the training schedule for the half for about a month now...and today was the day to sign up if I wanted to run it. So, it's official. I'm running...err...jogging...the Boston Half Marathon in October.

I'm exciting and terrified. Equally. But no matter what, I'll cross that finish line. Rock on!

Replies

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Don't sell yourself short. Running is an attitude, not a speed. :)

Good luck and have fun!
  • svirds
    svirds Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! Boston was my very first half last year! I've done two more since and I have two more coming up this fall. It is a really great race - the BAA always does a bang up job on their races! Keep your training efforts toward the goal cut off time. Last year they said the cut off was 2:30 (11:27 pace), but people were still crossing the finish line after that. It's a great course - rolling hills - but the energy of the crowd/spectators keeps you going! Have fun and enjoy it! I wish so much I could do it again this year! Have a blast!!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Running is an attitude, not a speed.

Ooooh nice one. And so true!

Just enjoy the training, enjoy the race when it rolls around, and give yourself 48 hours before jumping to sign up for a 2nd :) HMs are my favorite distance, so good for you for taking the plunge!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm doing my first HM in October as well.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My first is in November!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Congrats - have fun with it!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You got this!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Have fun!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you've been training consistently you have plenty of time to get ready......have fun!
  • Bacardibarker
    Bacardibarker Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done. Mine is in October too but in London UK. Good Luck with the training.
  • donjshaw45
    donjshaw45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done shell and everyone else who is doing one for the first time! A brilliant achievement.
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Woo! Congrats! I'm doing my first in October :#