I have been needing some kind of sweet but not go over my calories any ideas

Options
I've been wanting sweet, like related to chocolate or just low calorie sweets in general

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    It depends on how "low calorie" you want the snack to be:
    • Fruits are pretty "low calorie" and sweet.
    • Sugar free jello is very low calorie (5-10 calories per small container of jello and 60 calories per container of sugar free pudding), but you have to be careful about GI upset if your body doesn't tolerate a ton of sugar alcohols. Don't make the same mistake I did and eat 3 servings of sugar free chocolate and not be super close to a bathroom.
    • Two squares of 90% dark chocolate is about 120 calories. It's more bitter than regular chocolate, but it's easier for me to portion control super dark chocolate.
    • Plain yogurt mixed with chocolate syrup or chocolate powder is fairly low-calorie (under 100).
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Berries are my go to, as to a rule =)
  • ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Today we made banana ice cream with vanilla and cinnamon. Did a taste test before popping it back in the freezer and it's plenty sweet. Planning to add pure cocoa powder next time. Just google, lots of recipes if you've never made it before!
  • N200lz
    N200lz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Glutamine will usually curb the sweet tooth cravings. A capsule under the tongue. It's an amino acid that satisfies what the body is asking for.

It is also an excellent supplement as a post workout to assist in faster recovery.

Glycine (another amino acid) can also be used as a sweetener. Stevia has proven to be a good replacement for sugar.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Berries are my go to, as to a rule =)

Mine too! I add some fresh homemade whipped cream and i'm in heaven.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I find that Hershey's Kisses hit that spot without too big of a calorie hit. I usually have one or two as dessert/before bed.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of sweet you are looking for and how much. When I want something candy sweet, I will eat a Ghirardelli Milk Caramel square. When I just want a general sweetness, I will usually pick fruit like strawberries or a peach.
  • tifflotten
    tifflotten Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nicole, I found a good "decadent" treat for days like that. 241 calories but GOOD.
    The trick - for me - is that when I try to "trick" myself with dietey-feeling things, it just weakens my willpower. I do love berries and go to that first, but sometimes it won't cut it. So there are two things I eat.

If I KNOW I'm going to want something big, I add a lot of extra exercise earlier in the day so I can budget accordingly. MapMyFitness (I think same company?) has a really good calculator for tons of activities. I make sure I find something that will give me more than I plan to splurge on. http://www.mapmyfitness.com/improve/calorie_calculator/

1 - Lindt squares. Dark chocolate w/whatever flavor you like. I like the dark chocolate caramel sea salt. It's a strong flavor, and even though the serving is 4 squares, I usually can't eat more than 2. 50 calories per square. It's rich, it's not diet, and it's "just enough" to get me over the hump. In fact, I have a category called "sweets" where I allow myself something small every day. That's helped tremendously for me with staying on the path.

2 - Strawberry nutella crepe. Seriously. I buy storemade crepes b/c they are portion controlled and I can scan the barcode for accurate count. Measure out exactly 2 tbsp of the nutella (I use an organic version that's even better), and slice 2-3 strawberries on top of the chocolate totaling 1/4 cup (but you can do more and adjust accordingly, and fold. It's no different in decadence than "real" ones, just a little smaller, but because you can eat the whole thing you feel like you're having a pretty extravagant treat.

Here's the nutrition detail on it (I created a recipe, scanned the ingredients, and MFP calculated this):

Amount Per Serving
    calories 241
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 12 g 18 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 13 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 99 mg 4 %
    Potassium 1 mg 0 %
    Total Carbohydrate 29 g 10 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 4 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 4 g 8 %
    Vitamin A 0 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 8 %
    Iron 6 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

It's actually less sugar than most yogurts and some fruit.

I made the recipe for two people but you could easily adjust up or down:
    3 Ingredients Edit Recipe
    2.00 crepe, crepes
    4.00 tbsp, Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread With Cocoa and Milk
    0.50 cup, halves, Strawberries, raw

I find if I work something sweet in every day, I have no desire to splurge.
  • linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving something sweet I like frozen grapes, low fat custard, strawberries and low fat cream, alpro dessert or a couple of squares of chocolate. All are around 100kcals :)
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A small bowl of sweet cereal, or half of a Quest bar.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Use Mio, Crystal Light, or something similar in a drink. Virtually zero calories.

I find these Glutino chocolate wafers to be heavenly. Four bars are 160 calories, so you can easily go low-calorie by just picking a bar or two.

http://www.glutino.com/ca-en/products/cookies-and-wafers/wafers/chocolate-wafers/

• Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A Jello sugar free pudding cup or a Dove ice cream mini, both are 60 calories.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Make home-made hot cocoa with cocoa powder, powdered milk, and stevia. My recipe comes out to about 70 calories a cup.

P.S. I like to add a dash of cinnamon.
  • Bacchants
    Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    For general sweet I go for fruit.

If I need a chocolate hit then 1-2 hersheys kisses, or a kinder chocolate bar (sooo yummy). Also hot chocolate, I have the Options brand and it's really nice with just water and hits the spot. Plus because it's hot takes longer to eat!
  • Tyke2410
    Tyke2410 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Iced lollies and tinned fruit :)
  • SignpostPsycho
    SignpostPsycho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing right now is to make baked cinnamon sugar apples. Just chop and apple and toss it with as much sugar as you want (or will fit into your daily goals) and pop it into the oven. If you have a few more cals to spare, add skim milk and a little flour to make a more pudding-y sauce to go with it.
  • katherinemeyer110
    katherinemeyer110 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fiber one snack bars are my go-to when I want something sweet! They are 90 calories, and yummy, but not so sweet that they trigger the cravings for even more sugar.
  • ElizabethAnne14
    ElizabethAnne14 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    orange sherbet push-up pops - 80 calories or original fudge pops - 60 calories. you get the ice cream hit without too many calories
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Hershey Kisses
    Greek yogurt with a bit of honey
    Berries
    Mango
    Quest bars
    Other protein bars that you enjoy the taste of
    Peanut Butter
    Apple
    Dryer's Slow Churned Ice cream

I'm a huge sweets person, so I often will log my breakfast, snack, lunch, and dessert first thing in the AM. I then make dinner fit in whatever calories I have left. Sometimes I'm able to fit a burger, other times I have to have an egg white omelette.
  • nicolemack123
    nicolemack123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @Tyke2410 what are iced lollies and tinned friut?