Not Loosing ANYTHING!!!!

Options
I have been sticking to the strickest diet ever and on top of that I haven't missed a day of excerise!!!! In fact, I excercise twice a day, and I have not lost a pound!!!!! In fact I have gained 4 of them!!! I have protein shake every morning, would this have anything to do with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on ways I could improve my weightloss and start seeing results?!?!??!?!!?!?! HELP!!!!

Replies

• kettlebellsANDcusswords
    Options
    Are you counting your calories? What is your deficit (consumed-burned) per day? You may need to step up your workout intensity and cut back on sodium. Sodium will make you retain water. How long have you been at this now?
  • meshellw
    meshellw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the doctors to make sure you have nothing medically off first? I was trying before and found out my thyroid was bad. How long have you been at this and did you start your exercising at the same time? I know that sounds dumb but I was exercising and watching what I ate and didnt lose a pound but lost inches. I would do your measurements and make sure you a okay health wise. My doctor ran blood work and I was way out of wack, Hope this helps.
  • Baileys83
    Baileys83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat therefore you may not see on the scales when you see in the mirror :-)
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I was totally shocked when I took my measurments! I lost nearly 2 inches off my waist in one week & didn't lose an ounce..... You may find some unexpected good news! The scale isn't everything!
  • DturmenD
    DturmenD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't forget muscle weighs more than fat therefore you may not see on the scales when you see in the mirror :-)

I was thinking that same exact thing because I've notice a total difference in what I see in the mirror vs. I what the scale is saying!!!
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you might need to increase your calories- if you arent eating enough (especially with how much working out you are doing), then you could be sending your body into starvation mode: making it think that you arent going to give it enough calories to survive. This makes your metabolism slow down and when you do eat, your body will store more fat. Try increasing your calories (not by eating unhealthy, just try to add in some high calorie healthy foods like nuts, peanut butter, avocado, olive oil, etc) for 1-2 weeks and see if that changes anything :)
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

When things aren't coming off no matter how hard I try, I mix up my daily calorie intake up and down. For example day 1 will be 1500 calories, day 2 1000 calories, day 3 1500 etc (the amounts are just an example of high and low days)

If you are on 1200 per day, try and make the total at the end of the week still 8400. So your calorie intake is still the same at the end of the week, just mixed up a bit...

I hope I've explained it well enough! Good luck, send me a message if I can help. I know it can be a struggle, in total I have lost 65kg and am less than half of what I started at. It's been a long 18 year journey though with lots of highs and lows. I wish there were things like this when I started!
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a TRUE thyroid issue, its a matter of calories in and calories out. Most people completely over estimate how much "extra" food they can eat because of exercising...also that myth about doing more weight work and concentrating less on cardio to lose weight is just that..a myth..if you are simply interested in seeing the scale move, eat less, walk, run, bike, elliptcal (etc) more...thats it..no secrets no tricks, simple math. You have to burn more then you consume in a day, and generally have to do this for 7 days in a row to see any scale changes. Starvation mode does little more than signal your body to burn muscle tissue instead of fat while performing its needed daily functions. If you look at people who have eating disorders, they are not fat..they are indeed starving (I'm in NO way endorsing that as a way to lose weight), I'm saying that if you starve yourself, of course you'll lose the weight, but your health will suffer and its not a long term solution to weight loss if you would like to remain alive for any extended period of time..
    The most meaningful thing I have ever read on weight loss was when someone said "all those tiny extras add up daily, weekly and monthly. The extra 50 calories, 5 times a day is 250 calories, over 10 days is 2500, which if you're trying to lose weight, is 2 DAYS worth of calories!!". So NO SMALL EXTRAS...not a one...log every single morsel of food you put in your mouth and you will see things change if you stay within your weight loss calorie range. Good luck to you.
  • soshotout
    soshotout Posts: 115
    Options
    The most meaningful thing I have ever read on weight loss was when someone said "all those tiny extras add up daily, weekly and monthly. The extra 50 calories, 5 times a day is 250 calories, over 10 days is 2500, which if you're trying to lose weight, is 2 DAYS worth of calories!!". So NO SMALL EXTRAS...not a one...log every single morsel of food you put in your mouth and you will see things change if you stay within your weight loss calorie range. Good luck to you.

This is so true! I noticed this with little things like my coffee creamer and condiments! Now I log everything and measure everything and have seen just how little it could take to put an extra couple hundred calories in your mouth without even thinking because it was such a tiny amount !!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

I was thinking that same exact thing because I've notice a total difference in what I see in the mirror vs. I what the scale is saying!!!

You got it going right - Look in the mirror, use measurements. The scale is only ONE way of checking weight loss.Throw away the scale.