Options
ilhobbs
ilhobbs Posts: 1 Member
does the Fitbit watch work with the iPhone and the crunch question does it work

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    There are four different models (Flex, Charge, Charge HR, and Surge), and they all calculate your TDEE and sync with MFP. They can sync with Trendweight.com to show your weight without the "noise" of water weight. And Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

I lost the weight & have maintained for a year thanks to MFP + Fitbit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR.. Love it. It has apps to work with iPhone. I use Android, but I am told it works real well on iphone too.
  • momoffour2013
    momoffour2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the surge - which is the watch. Love it.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info; I've been thinking of buying one.
  • mary_carmen_
    mary_carmen_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about the cheaper Fitbit models-- do they all have a time display, or is it just the Surge? How convenient is it as mostly a watch and steps tracker?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Do they all have a time display, or is it just the Surge?

Flex does not. Charge & Charge HR do. Charge is only $20 less than the HR, with no heart rate monitor plus a clasp rather than a secure buckle.

You can compare the features at http://www.fitbit.com/compare
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I have the surge as well. I find that it is usually fairly accurate and the results are similar to other devices, my buddies garmin watches, my polar heart rate strap, etc.

I like it for what it does.
  • rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge hr and it does work with (my) Iphone 6+ very very well. I have used the elliptical with a chest strap monitor and the readings were almost exactly the same. I am very pleased with it.
  • rperkins524
    rperkins524 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got the Surge. It works great with the app, and I love the thing a whole lot.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about the cheaper Fitbit models-- do they all have a time display, or is it just the Surge? How convenient is it as mostly a watch and steps tracker?

I have the One - it displays the time. Super convenient - but I guess it depends on where you clip it. If you clip it to your bra less convenient, if you clip it to your waist band or pocket then you're fine.