How long until YOU saw results!

Options
I know weighing in everyday is not the right thing to do! I also took measurements and will check them every two weeks. As well as body fat. But I still check my weight every day and none the less get discouraged if it's not 20lbs lighter over night lol how long until you saw a big change for yourselves and how to keep motivated until you seen those results?

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I am down 48 lbs, I still have over 100 to go, I notice the little things, like being able to fit in a booth seat at a restaurant, I took my kids to an amusement park the other day and I was able to go on most of the rides with my kids, I fit into smaller clothes and I can walk, run and play longer and harder than before. This is what keeps me going, I tend to step on that dreaded scale more than I should, but I listen to my body and I am feeling so much better.
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I couldn't notice changes in myself until I was down about 30ish pounds. I can see the differences now when I look at pictures comparing the progress from the beginning to those times, but at the time it was difficult for me to tell. Other people were commenting after around 20lbs or so. (my goal is to lose 100lbs in total). And as far as motivation- it just wasn't that hard to stay motivated this time to be honest. I had tried and failed to lose weight numerous times from giving up and something about this time was just different- not sure how to explain it honestly. But I knew I was doing what I needed to lose the weight and I knew if I kept it up I'd eventually see results. If I quit I knew I would never have a chance at seeing the results and eating healthier sure wasn't going to hurt me or do anything negative to my life so why quit? I also enjoyed being able to run further and faster and seeing how quickly my endurance changed even when the scale wasn't moving much. There were plenty of non-scale victories that let me know I was doing the right thing even when my appearance didn't seem any different to me.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 months to actually notice any change when looking in the mirror, and then I probably was about 10 lbs down.. However, I suggest taking some pictures now, especially side shots, and compare again in a month or 2.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Saw results about 6 weeks...reached goal about 8 months ...acheived a rough maintenance level (within a 5lb scale fluctuation) another 3 months

And weighing every day is down to personal preference...as long as you can cope with, and learn, that fluctuations up to around 5lbs are generally water weight it's all good

Sites like trendweight.com or apps like Libra and Happy Scale can help because you get trend lines and extrapolations

Like this

f4nd13yvrgmu.jpg
    0ifkgjnm81je.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight right away at a rate of approx. 1 kg/week. So that was fine. :)

I weighed every day, but took measurements about once every 2 weeks.

I am down 15 kg now. :)

I know there's a change. The scale indicates there's a change. The measurements indicate there's a change. My clothes indicate there's a change.

But can I see the change?

Some days, yes ... some days, no.
  • aspiretobefitgirl
    aspiretobefitgirl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same problem with me. Cant seem to not be bothered by the scale. Its been a month today, I have exercised for about 18-20 days of it. Some days i indulged in food. I lost only 3 pounds. Arrggghh. What is frustrating me is that my friend who was much bigger lost 10 kgs in the first month. He was much bigger though and he worked out in the gym while i am working out at home. He also must have restricted food better than me. But still, a decent 5 lb weight loss wouldnt hurt. I have reassigned my goals and am now starting with a 1200 calorie diet while before i was on a 1500 daily limit although most days i used to keep 200-500 calories below it.
  • tedua0526
    tedua0526 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am down 48 lbs, I still have over 100 to go, I notice the little things, like being able to fit in a booth seat at a restaurant, I took my kids to an amusement park the other day and I was able to go on most of the rides with my kids, I fit into smaller clothes and I can walk, run and play longer and harder than before. This is what keeps me going, I tend to step on that dreaded scale more than I should, but I listen to my body and I am feeling so much better.

That is amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • positivepolli
    positivepolli Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks girls love all the motivation, keep it up girls we can do this! Yassss!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 pounds until I saw a change, another 10 pounds before anyone else noticed. Motivation is overrated. Just do what you're supposed to do and results will follow.

Now I'm down to the last five pounds and eat at maintenance as often as not. Not really fussed about not being motivated because it's vanity weight at this point.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm down 110 pounds, with about 20 more to go, but it took me 4 years to get here (on purpose). My thought was making small, gradual changes to my diet and exercise program would be more sustainable long term.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hncary wrote: »
    I couldn't notice changes in myself until I was down about 30ish pounds. I can see the differences now when I look at pictures comparing the progress from the beginning to those times, but at the time it was difficult for me to tell. Other people were commenting after around 20lbs or so. (my goal is to lose 100lbs in total). And as far as motivation- it just wasn't that hard to stay motivated this time to be honest. I had tried and failed to lose weight numerous times from giving up and something about this time was just different- not sure how to explain it honestly. But I knew I was doing what I needed to lose the weight and I knew if I kept it up I'd eventually see results. If I quit I knew I would never have a chance at seeing the results and eating healthier sure wasn't going to hurt me or do anything negative to my life so why quit? I also enjoyed being able to run further and faster and seeing how quickly my endurance changed even when the scale wasn't moving much. There were plenty of non-scale victories that let me know I was doing the right thing even when my appearance didn't seem any different to me.

I know this is an older thread but i LOVED your answer. It really "spoke" to me, because I feel that way this time around. I know I have started and stopped numerous times, but I feel exactly how you explained in this paragraph.
    Thank you for posting, and keep up the awesome work!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    It took me about 3 months to physically notice my changes :]
    Now I notice something new every couple of weeks!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    It took me two months to notice a change, and even then, it was only after I took some after photos. By making health a priority in my life and by making fitness a daily "habit" I was, and am able, to stay on the right track. I used a no excuses approach, and the weight melted off. I also make sure I get a daily overdose of motivational quotes via Google Images. I save my favorite ones and read over them often.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Sites like trendweight.com or apps like Libra and Happy Scale can help because you get trend lines and extrapolations

+1. I've used both trendweight and Libra and especially with a wifi scale like withings or fitbit they're very easy to use and turn daily weigh-ins into daily motivation.

Osric
  • sistermargret
    sistermargret Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I noticed nothing until my pants fell off.
    LOL! :)
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's up and down for me. Though I've not lost any actual weight due to a bad summer, I do sometimes notice that the muscles under my fat is harder (and sometimes it's more pronounced, depending on if I've had a good or bad streak for a few weeks). When I started to run (slowly, not much at a time) I did notice that I could go further and further each time; even if that was more because I worked through a mental block than I improved that quickly, it was still results that I noticed and made me proud (and made me want to go further the next time!).

When I start running again I hope I will be able to do the same. :smile:

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I started losing weight right away at a rate of approx. 1 kg/week. So that was fine. :)

I weighed every day, but took measurements about once every 2 weeks.

I am down 15 kg now. :)

I know there's a change. The scale indicates there's a change. The measurements indicate there's a change. My clothes indicate there's a change.

But can I see the change?

Some days, yes ... some days, no.

It is an older thread!

I'm down 21 kg now. :grin: