What keeps everyone full longer? Pure Protein or Quest Bars?

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    peanut butter, honestly.
    Then the quest bars, but I'm not digging the chalkiness.

I spread peanut butter on top of the chocolate brownie quest bars :+1: Double whammy of deliciousness :smiley:
    beast mode on the tastebuds.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I never tried Pure Protein. However, Quest Bars usually fill me up for at least 2 hours.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What keeps me full for longer is not thinking about food
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars a pretty good. If you are looking for a candy bar, this product is not that. It is merely a nice snack to tie you over for a 2-3 hour period. I recommend eating it once a day on non-workout days and twice a day on workout days. At 190-200 calories, you could easily burn that off on a very active day.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Quest bars dont do jack for me. I need actually proteins or a protein shake with added fruits and such.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars taste terrible.

This. SO much. I forgot the flavor my friend gave me, it tasted like beef jerky covered chocolate.

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think i'm in the minority. I much prefer Pure Protein to Quest. The quest brands i've tried, not loving the texture at all. I definitely prefer pure protein texture, and taste too to be honest.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    peanut butter, honestly.
    Then the quest bars, but I'm not digging the chalkiness.

Chop up a double chocolate chunk Quest bar small-ish, mix it with some peanut butter, warm it all in the microwave and pour the mess over vanilla frozen yogurt.

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Quest bars for me. I think it's because I have to chew so much to get them down. :)
    I know, right? That's a good thing. My favorite one is chocolate chip cookie dough. Which is yours???
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I love Quests new Mint Chocolate Chunk flavor. I now purchase them by the box of 12.
  • 95savvy
    95savvy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i swear by quest bars! although they have more carbs and fats than in most shakes, they have thee best flavors! like i am actually eating a smores one now and i heat it up for a few seconds and it is like eating a cookie
  • KateKyi
    KateKyi Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sighs, eat real food. Protein rich food. Nuts 23 almonds = 129 calories. Try chewing through 23 almonds in one go. I cant. You can add flavour by dry roasting them with spices like cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, chilli, whatever you like.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    KateKyi wrote: »
    Sighs, eat real food. Protein rich food. Nuts 23 almonds = 129 calories. Try chewing through 23 almonds in one go. I cant. You can add flavour by dry roasting them with spices like cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, chilli, whatever you like.

6g of protein for your 23 almonds. I fail to see how that's 'protein rich food'. Heck the bread I eat has just as much protein...
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I alternate between the two. Quest bars take me longer to chew so I feel like I ate more, but the other brand make me thirsty so the half liter of water I drink with it also keeps me full. Totally depends on my calories for the rest of the day for which one I'll choose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    chicken
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I like quest, but they're expensive! I make my own bars and keep them in the freezer.

Throw in your favorite ingredients. I like:

1 can of pumpkin
    1 egg white
    4 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 cup apple sauce
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup oats
    Pumpkin pie spice to taste
    Brown sugar or maple syrup or stevia to taste
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp baking powder

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or so.

You can also make protein pudding bars with chocolate pudding, oats, protein powder, milk, etc.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    pure protein bars tide me over, quest bars keep me full for hours.
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Neither one. Eggs will do it.
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    KateKyi wrote: »

6g of protein for your 23 almonds. I fail to see how that's 'protein rich food'. Heck the bread I eat has just as much protein...
    She makes it sound like 23 almond nuts are so filling too lol. I hate people like her who give out false information and say "Eat real food" LOL. but to op, both of those bars are good but if you were looking at the price..pure protein bars are the way to go but I honestly would only recommend them if you were on the go. Better off cooking if you have the time.