Vegan Sweetheart

ashleyabeauty83
ashleyabeauty83 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello! I am an open minded vegan blogger and fitness chick! Looking for new friends to continue the motivation. 25 pounds lost since being vegan! Woo hoo!!! Full of energy, optimism, clarity, peace and love! Happy healthy living! Let's do this!

Replies

• mrstinajackson
    mrstinajackson Posts: 1 Member
    Hello !!! I'm a flexivegan. I eat chicken, fish and turkey along with all vegetables and fruits. I started at 190 and now I'm 180. My goal is 150. I hope that you can motivate me and educate me on the right foods to eat. Ttys!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Hello !!! I'm a flexivegan. I eat chicken, fish and turkey along with all vegetables and fruits. I started at 190 and now I'm 180. My goal is 150. I hope that you can motivate me and educate me on the right foods to eat. Ttys!

So.... you're an omnivore?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Wtf is a flex vegan?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

LOL...what?

You mean you eat food?

• ashleyabeauty83
    Hello Tina. It's very nice to meet you. I have never heard of a flexivegan but it sounds like some of the changes in your diet is working for you during your weight-loss journey and that's great! Being vegan I don't consume any type of animal foods at all. No meat, no dairy, no fish. I look forward to sharing my personal vegan recipes with you and us motivating each other towards better health
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I am always entertained by this app.
  • nelliaj
    nelliaj Posts: 20 Member
    Hi people! I am working on becoming a vegetarian then vegan. I could use some support. Add me??
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    I'm looking for veggie friends! Add me if you'd like!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Welcome! Check out this group here, great place to swing through and say hello: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Dawn Jackson Blatner coined the expression "flexitarian" for people who mostly eat vegan but reserve some openness to have some turkey at Thanksgiving or an occasional hot dog at the ballpark. The assumption is that eating 90% or 95% vegan is still better for your health, the planet and the cause of compassion than eating SAD. The diet may be an omnivore one in the strictest sense of the word but the intention is to be mostly plant-based. This is all about progress, not perfection, right? I am about 90 to 95% plant based and eat a tiny bit of high quality dairy a few times a week. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • ashleyabeauty83
    Fabulous! Thank you for the information. I totally agree with you. It is about the progress not perfection. No vegan, vegetarian, meat eater, fitness guru, etc. is perfect and labels mean very little.