Low carb dieters friends needed

Options
Hi everyone

I am starting low carb again as I feel great when I get going on this diet.

I need some friends for support and meals ideas please xx

Replies

• Camomilejane
    Camomilejane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, as I have heard from friends that following a low carb plan has fantastic results!
  • natasha_milner
    natasha_milner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is fantastic I wont use any other diet now you have so much energy once you get through the first week xx
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if it was that fantastic, why did you stop doing it? Also, why do you need support to do something that's so wonderful?

• natasha_milner
    natasha_milner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Who do you think you are!! Bloody rude! If your not doing the diet or wanting to provide support dont comment!
  • 1juaguirre
    1juaguirre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    honestly I am doing the same, I found that cutting down on the carbs is doing wonders.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Join one of the low carb groups here. Lots of great folks there.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if it was that fantastic, why did you stop doing it? Also, why do you need support to do something that's so wonderful?

Every day folks start and stop diet and exercise approaches. Every day folks post saying they are starting again. Every day folks post wanting support (for their goals).
    This thread is no different.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Every day folks start and stop diet and exercise approaches. Every day folks post saying they are starting again. Every day folks post wanting support (for their goals).
    This thread is no different.

Very true. And sometimes there are external factors that will affect ones ability to stay with a diet.

OP, I would recommend joining the low carb group.

@Camomilejane a low carb diet is one of many ways to create a calorie deficit. For some, it works very well, for some its a complete failure. Like many of us, you may have to try it for awhile to see if its something you can stick with. For me, when I went paleo (and lowered my carbs to a bout 150g a day), the restriction was causing me to binge all the time.
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm eating (mostly) clean foods, have cut out bread and pasta and aim for under 150g carbs per day which is not super low but a big reduction for me. It's worked wonders and I now weigh the same as when I was 18! (I'm now 30 with a child so I consider that a triumph! Haha!). Feel free to add me I have quite a few meals that I make that are very low in carbs and yum! Also a few websites to try - I cook a lot of Madeleine Shaw's recipes www.madeleineshaw.com I think - a lot of those are low carb and so far everything has been delicious that I've made x
  • RENEESSANCE
    RENEESSANCE Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All and thank you for the madeleineshaw website kristinshearer1984! Loving the loving comments here...I am low carb...following Dr. Mark Hyman's 10 Day Detox Diet Plan and his Blood Sugar Solution...He has cookbooks out too. I am also staying away from dairy and sugar as well as wheat...which is in everything. I am one of those restarting and am happy to be back. Best to you all including natasha_milner who started this thread and is new! I love the community!
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb! Would love to have some more low carb friends!
  • Rutheast
    Rutheast Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm new to MF. Low carbs....doing well!
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm a low-carber! You can add me!
  • vikashsinha
    vikashsinha Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am starting on low carb. You can add me too. Can anyone advice me for setting protein and fat gram/percentage. I need to eat 1200 Kcal, out of which i have set 50 grams coming from carb currently in mfp