GRR Belly Fat!

Options
marchegt
marchegt Posts: 156 Member
Hey all! OK, so for starters, I am aware that there is no miracle cure, you can't spot-lose, blah blah blah! I know. lol. I understand it. I am, however, wondering if anyone else has major difficulties losing belly fat? I am pretty close to my goal weight... i would like to strive for 125 or even 120, but at 128 and 5'6 my boyfriend is telling me I am starting to look too thin (I know i'm not "too" thin but losing more than another 3lbs might get me there).

My issue is this: my stomach! GROSS! I have been doing the JM 30 day shred (HATE it, btw lol... although I have seen more definition in my arms) and I do 30-60 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week. I also do strength training on the days I don't do JM. I do tons of ab routines as per Women's Health. In the last 2 months I have also cut back on my carbs, restricting my intake of pasta, white rice, potatoes, bagels, and white bread.

But my stomach apparently hates me and will not shrink. I have beautiful abs underneath that I can FEEL but they are covered by a nice gross layer of FAT! I am worried about losing too much more weight and am really pushing myself with my exercise because I just want this fat to GO AWAY:mad: ! SO... has anyone found anything that has really helped them to lose belly fat? Any workouts, any foods they started eating or stopped eating? I know there is no miracle cure but if you have anything that really worked for you, let me know! D*mn these Italian genes of mine :tongue:

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    bump... i am wondering this. my belly isnt that bad nemore but i still have a bulge and its annoying LOL
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem I have found the cutting way down on sodium
    has really helped me (im a salt addict) and milk since I have restricted these
    I have seen a marked diff
  • marchegt
    Options

That's good to know!! But I really don't take in much sodium, always less than my daily goal... I also drink skim milk and take a milk supplement, so my milk intake in a day is usually from one glass and 200g of fat free yogurt! But good advice still :)
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    I had a similar question because I have the same problem! Here is the post and the responses that I received. Hope it helps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244893-losing-weight-but-not-losing-belly-fat
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options

I am also a salt addict LOL definitely watch your sodium levels, and keep drinking lots and lots of water... and I agree with the milk, I've always heard it keeps or adds fat to the belly... altho I haven't made it to where I'm at my goal or even close, but I'd like to know as well... so maybe I can start working on it now :)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'll simply point you in the direction of someone who seems to know the answers, as she has the body I most admire on this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76/view/diary-of-a-pudgy-gym-rat-97772

You can read her follow up posts on her diet and current exercise routine. But the over-arching point: she has always worked out a lot, but transforming her diet is what made her hard work visible. Good luck!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'll simply point you in the direction of someone who seems to know the answers, as she has the body I most admire on this site: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76/view/diary-of-a-pudgy-gym-rat-97772

You can read her follow up posts on her diet and current exercise routine. But the over-arching point: she has always worked out a lot, but transforming her diet is what made her hard work visible. Good luck!

Personally I think she looked better at 140.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    bumpity
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had a similar question because I have the same problem! Here is the post and the responses that I received. Hope it helps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/244893-losing-weight-but-not-losing-belly-fat

bump
  • marchegt
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice and links! I looked up some stuff and apparently avocados are GREAT because they have lots of mono-unsaturated fats. One Yale study I read said that a group of women who decreased their calories to 1600/day and increased their levels of mono-unsaturated fats lost 1/3 of their belly fat in one month! Now I certainly don't take anything I read to heart but I am going to go out and buy some avocados and replace some of my daily fat with those (hope I like the taste lol!).

Also back to the crunches, sit ups, etc etc etc... lots of muscle building! Thanks all!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is also supposed to really help with belly fat.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Add some HIIT to your cardio and watch what you eat. For me cutting out bread, pasta and rice and doing more intervals really helped lose some fat off my lower belly. They say abs are made in the kitchen!
    Unfortunately my thighs stayed exactly the same while my waist and bust went down, but I'll keep plugging along
  • clarehaines
    clarehaines Posts: 49
    Options
    I tend to agree with you.... she is WAY too skinny and muscular looking now, but each to their own I say!
  • clarehaines
    clarehaines Posts: 49
    Options

Personally I think she looked better at 140.