Looking for friends that have young kids

Options
I'd be happy to add any new friends that will help motivate me, but I would specifically love more friends with young kids :)
Before having kids I successfully lost over 50 pounds and was in great shape! I thought it would be just as easy to shed the weight after kids. Boy was I wrong! I had no idea how challenging it can be to fit in exercise when you have young kids (3 and 1) and a job! But I don't want that to be an excuse anymore because I have 60 pounds to lose. Would love some other parents (or anyone else) to share the journey!

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids aged 15, 12, 10, 8 and 3. We are on a tight budget, so we pretty much eat all the same things. Best of luck on your journey.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I work full-time and have 3 young kids - 5, 3 and 2.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Four kids here. 12, 9, 2, 1. I work and go to school, I've been in maintenance for several years and my focus right now is strength and endurance.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've got 3 kids - 6, 4 and 1. I work 3 days a week as a secondary school teacher, but will be doing 4 days from Sept. I've still got around 15-20lbs to lose after my 3rd baby. Before I got pregnant with her I was in great shape, after my 2nd.

We break up next Wed for the Summer holidays, so I'll have 6 weeks off to really focus on exercise and eating well, plus I'll be taking my kids out every day so I'll burn more calories from that too :)

I usually manage to work out at least 4 times a week. I'm pretty good with eating, but I've been a bit slack with my logging lately as I've just been so busy. My job is pretty demanding, and my husband does shift work, so when he's on late shift I'm on my own all evening with the kids.
  • mpullett
    mpullett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have a 4 year old. He loves to work out with me.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids (11, 7, 2), and work full time. Work out 5-6 days a week.
  • Chezzleh
    Chezzleh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey :) I work full time and have a 2 yr old... only just started my weight loss journey (or this time I'm serious). Would be grateful for friends to help push me through this! I need to lose about 70lbs to be my healthy weight... baby steps!
  • kbg027
    kbg027 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have a 2 almost 3 year old. And she is the most stubborn kid I've ever met. Any time I try to exercise she finds a way to derail it lol. I want to lose probably about 70-80 lbs.
  • lisamls
    lisamls Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 and 6 year old. I'll add you! I know how hard it can be to squeeze it in!
  • September3679
    September3679 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids ( 5, 8, 9 ) and 120 lbs to lose, best of luck.
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work full time but my kids are not that young, I have one at 12 and one at 9 but I am a single mum and I have the kids most of the time so find it hard to fit exercise in too!
  • vmsolko
    vmsolko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 young kids: ages 5, 4, and 2 1/2. I had 3 kids under age 3 for a couple of months. Crazy times at our house!

We don't have a gym in our tiny town in the middle of nowhere, so I do all my workouts at home - with no equipment besides 2-8 lb weights. It's hard but it can work if you make the time. I've lost 35 lbs through just diet and exercise. Good luck to you!
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. 2 kids age 4 and 9 and in Canada as well. We joined a Y in our neighborhood and that has been excellent. Childcare and programs provided for the kids while I work out. (although usually I go in the morning before work) I walk on my lunch breaks at work. And now that the little one can manage a bike we do bike rides together. Even just going to the park with the kids in the evenings- keeps me away from snacking in the kitchen!
    This time around with weightloss plan this time feels sustainable- Much of that attributed to a better, less stressful job; a great support network and My fitness pal! And that understanding that you don't have to kill yourself in the gym, or deprive yourself- just watch portions.
    Good luck to you!
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids 6 and 4, and one on the way. I can understand how it may be a little difficult working full time and losing like you want, but it's Def possible. I give alot of credit to the fact that I became a stay at home mom to my weight loss because my I didn't have to worry about when I can fit in a workout, work, Cook, clean, entertain the kids, and the hubby. I have a much easier time balancing it now. But for the working moms, I can totally understand the struggle. 30 mins a day is better than nothing even if u have to wake up earlier. Add if you'd like :)
  • LoveGrowth
    LoveGrowth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a work at home mom with a 17 year old and a 2 year old. We also practice attachment parenting which takes having a little one to a whole other level. :)

I would love more friends. Just starting out with my fitness app.
  • canadamomgetshealthy
    canadamomgetshealthy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    nice to see so many moms with health and fitness goals! i'll try to add you as friends tomorrow. it seems i'm having computer issues this evening :/ excited to start this journey!
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have 4 kiddos ages 4-9.
  • icyheart1411
    icyheart1411 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I added you. I have at least 100 pounds to lose still. My babies are 8, 6, 5, 3.
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Mine is 9 years old.
  • xstacey267x
    xstacey267x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi il add u. Iv got a 6 yr old girl and 1 year old boy. Iv put most my weight on after having my children and now trying to get on track.need motivation lol iv lost 1 stone 3lbs so far. Find it so hard to lose the mummy tummy after 2 c sections :( x