not 1, not 2, but 3 NSV for me!

Options
my 1st NSV is that my sneakers that i just bought in April (around the time i started my journey) are now too big & floppy to wear.. i never thought my feet would shrink!

my 2nd NSV is that a lady from church asked me yesterday if i was SHRINKING!! i replied yes, yes I am!!

my 3rd NSV is that i went to Old Navy yesterday as was able to purchase clothes in the store for me... before I only could buy online because i needed plus sizes.. well yesterday I bought size 18 bottoms & xxl shirts from there! i was so stokked because i decided to try the 18's on never imagining that would actually fit!!

Replies

• mandisu
    mandisu Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What awesome NSV's! Way to go, it must be really motivating to keep going. I love Old Navy clothes, but like you said the bummer is buying online. Can't wait to be able to shop in the store.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    When I had lost weight before my shoe size went from an 11 to a 9!
    And I totally feel the Old Navy thing...so much easier to buy in the store and see the clothes on before you buy! :)
    Congratulations "Shrinking Woman"! :)
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! WTG!!!
  • chovest81
    chovest81 Posts: 99
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very exciting! Its the best feeling when people notice!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,618 Member
    Options
    How Wonderful! Great job!
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1. i still can't figure out what an 'nsv' is (i'm so embarrased...and i can't spell)
    2. i wore a size 10 shoe in high school, when i was about 180-190 pounds...i now, at about 145, have a couple pairs of size 8's though i tend to wear closer to a 9 b/c they're still wide 'barney rubble' feet
    3. shrinking is fun!! keep up the good work!! :)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    my 1st NSV is that my sneakers that i just bought in April (around the time i started my journey) are now too big & floppy to wear.. i never thought my feet would shrink!

my 2nd NSV is that a lady from church asked me yesterday if i was SHRINKING!! i replied yes, yes I am!!

my 3rd NSV is that i went to Old Navy yesterday as was able to purchase clothes in the store for me... before I only could buy online because i needed plus sizes.. well yesterday I bought size 18 bottoms & xxl shirts from there! i was so stokked because i decided to try the 18's on never imagining that would actually fit!!

ROCK ON!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    This was one of my favorites too. I went from a size 12.5 to a size 11.5. A full size smaller. I didn't understand that not only does fat lodge in your feet but your feet expand when they are carrying more weight. Apparently losing 45 pounds meant losing a shoe size.
    -wtk

@Hartsmart: NSV means Non-Scale Victory.
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    NICE job!! Such great victories and so EXCITING! :o)
  • lovebeinGIGI
    lovebeinGIGI Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep it up!!! Feels goooood!! :smile:
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    amazingg! Go you! Congratulation!
  • busymomyof3
    busymomyof3 Posts: 31
    Options
    1. i still can't figure out what an 'nsv' is (i'm so embarrased...and i can't spell)
    2. i wore a size 10 shoe in high school, when i was about 180-190 pounds...i now, at about 145, have a couple pairs of size 8's though i tend to wear closer to a 9 b/c they're still wide 'barney rubble' feet
    3. shrinking is fun!! keep up the good work!! :)

** it means Non Scale Victory
  • busymomyof3
    busymomyof3 Posts: 31
    Options
    also thanks for all the pats on the back! it does feel pretty amazing & makes me wanna keep going! i am also glad it isnt just me with the shrinking feet!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    WELL THAT IS FANTASTIC! Congrats to you my dear! Those are 3 great NSV's!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Love those victorys!
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    That rocks!! Yay you! :)

Question for whoever - I'm about a shoe size 7.5 (US). I have just under 50lbs left to lose...should I expect my feet to shrink? I was the same shoe size in high school when I weighed 130 lbs, so I just assumed they wouldn't change, but..... ?
  • betterlife2011
    Options
    WOW THAT IS GREAT I CANT WAIT TILL I CAN SHOP IN THE STORES AGAIN AND NOT ONLINE LIKE BEFORE THANK U FOR SHARIN THAT MAKES ME WANT TO MOVE MORE THANZ:flowerforyou:
  • simplysarahd
    Options
    Awesome!! I am looking forward to experiencing those NSVs too. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • amysuemartin718
    amysuemartin718 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!

I always find it hard in the frst few weeks of a diet because it's always my feet and fingers that shrink first, so I don't feel like i'm getting results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!