Post workout nausea

Options
So I had my first session with a personal trainer today. It was a really good workout, and I feel good. However, I"m a little dizzy and nauseated at the moment. I drank a big glass of water already but should I eat something?

I didn't eat before the workout.

Replies

• tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    don't drink so much water before and have a light snack. I myself have a nutrigrain bar. takes the edge off the dizziness.
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    eat a light snack like a granola bar or fruit. drink the water SLOWLY and in small amounts. too much water will make you sick.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I didn't drink anything before. Just after.
  • kelscot30
    kelscot30 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I felt the same for a few weeks. Throbbing headaches with the rise in blood pressure. I put it down to not exercising as intensely for so long. It did go away after a few weeks though and is worth sticking with it!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    If you are working with a personal trainer, ask them to guide you on what/how much/when to eat. Sometimes it depends on the exercises they are having you do.
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Protein before and after a workout is good. Will give you the energy you need to get through and help maintain energy after
  • ksdamac99
    ksdamac99 Posts: 5
    Options
    What you experiencing is hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. If you hadn't eaten before your workout and you workout first thing in the morning your blood sugar is already low upon waking add the additional sugar burned during the workout and you may be flirting with dangerously low bsl. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, blurred vision and naseau among others. Eat something before intense workouts. For moderate cardio workouts you can probably get away with not eating but not for your PT sessions.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,247 Member
    Options
    A good post workout snack will probably help. I hear chocolate milk is supposed to be good.
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Kind of ditto to what ksdamac99 said. Your body didn't have enough fuel in it for an intense workout. Next time, eat something like a banana before working out with your trainer. Also, don't forget to keep hydrated throughout your workout. Part of the issue might be dehydration.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I just hand a little bit of lunchmeat and an apple and it cleared it right up. I also slept for 3 hours! EEEK! :) I'll eat a bananna or something before my next intense workout so I can get through it a bit better.

Thanks!