sliced chicken breast (lunch)

Options
fatty2fabby
fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
I slather seasoning / a sauce on a chicken breast and throw it in the oven for 30mins at 350. cut into slices and put it in a roll / wrap with lettuce, cheese etc...pesto, bbq and honey & mustard are my regulars

new ideas please! x

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I throw a few chicken breasts in the slow-cooker with some sprite or 7up. Let it cook for few hours. When it's cooked thoroughly, i take 2 forks and shred it up, then put some italian dressing on it. Have it on some sandwich thins, and it's amazing!!!
  • mangos4music
    mangos4music Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I throw a few chicken breasts in the slow-cooker with some sprite or 7up. Let it cook for few hours. When it's cooked thoroughly, i take 2 forks and shred it up, then put some italian dressing on it. Have it on some sandwich thins, and it's amazing!!!

that sounds so weird but surprisingly delicious! im gonna have to try that some time!
  • fatty2fabby
    Options
    SPRITE? never heard of that! must try it out, thanks!
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    nandos peri peri marinade is lovely!

or you could make a homemade marinade with some natural yoghurt, a few squeezes of lemon, a couple of twists of cracked black pepper, and a spinkle of coriander :)

X
  • fatty2fabby
    Options
    nandos peri peri marinade is lovely!

or you could make a homemade marinade with some natural yoghurt, a few squeezes of lemon, a couple of twists of cracked black pepper, and a spinkle of coriander :)

X

how could i forget nandos! thank u! x
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    bump
  • beckbop
    beckbop Posts: 75
    Options
    no bother:) X
  • fatty2fabby
    Options
    Bump :)
  • luckywoman
    luckywoman Posts: 3
    Options
    How much 7up?
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Chicken, steamed veggies and brown rice is so low in calories and filling. If you cant heat it up try it like a salad. The other day i put cucumbers, tomatoes, cold brown rice, chicken, and raw red onions in a bowl, topped it with a light Italian dressing and feta. it was surprisingly tasty. Actually that wrapped up in lettuce would be pretty good right now. i need to go figure out what i am going to eat for lunch now. :)
  • LaurieP07
    LaurieP07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds amazing!
  • myheartinsf1
    Options
    This is better in the winter but thought I would still share.
    1 can organic kidney beans
    1 can organic stewed tomatoes. 2- can low sod v8.2 clove garlic sliced
    1/4 onion diced.3 celery sliced.1 zucchini.2 cup fresh spinach
    1 cup frozen Lima beans. 1 1/2 carrot1 potatoe or pasta.organic vegetable broth. 1/2 pound leanest ground beef
    You can use any veggies you like and take out what u don't like.
    The reason I use organic is it's usually lower sodium and without added sugars.
    It does get acidy sometimes 1 tsp sugar will help if needed.
    I cook on my day off and last me all week add v8 to give it a boost every other day or so
    Start with olive oil onion carrot and celery. Sautee until slightly browner add in ground meat and brown then vegetable broth stewed tomatoes and some v8 add potatoes or pasta.
    Add everything but save zucchini and kidney beans until about 15 minutes from done. They cook quick and will be mushy if u add to soon.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I make a toasted chicken salad curry sandwhich.
    I cook my chicken (usually pan,or on the george forman)
    cube or shred it,add spinach and diced cherry tomato,some pepper and a tablespoon of hellmans half the fat and curry powder. Serve it on a toast slice of bread.
    SOO good
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Marinate Chicken in Tandori spices mixed with yoghurt and bake chicken breast (no skin) in the oven.

Marinade: 1 onion, 6 cloves garlic, fresh ginger (2" long, peeled and chopped), 3 TBsp lemon juice, 8 oz youghurt, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp garam masal, 1/4 tsp mace, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp cinamon, 1 Tbsp olive oil (4 if not on a diet), 2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper 3 chicken breasts, halved & gashed 3 times halfway to bone. Rub marinade into chicken incl gashes and refrigerate for 24 hrs. Grill until cooked. Can also be baked in the oven. Serves 6-8.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    How much 7up?

If I put in 4 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) I put in 1 can of pop. Just keeps it moist, doesn't really do anything for the flavor, which is why i put the italian dressing on. Let it cook a little after you put the dressing on to make sure it gets warm too. I don't think it'd taste good with the dressing still cold... :-)
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    bump