Hello everyone, is it possible to lose 10 lbs in 12 days?

Options

Replies

• jakegold
    jakegold Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    In water weight. Most I have ever lost is like 7 pounds in 2 weeks. In that short of time at least..
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Um, what?
  • ptin50lbs
    ptin50lbs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How did you lose the water weight?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Yes...

If you cut off an arm...
  • karenlwashburn
    karenlwashburn Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you did lose that much weight you'd be probably sick and unhealthy. You have to eat to be okay then exercise to balance out what you have eaten.
  • CanadianFlybaby
    CanadianFlybaby Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I get cleaned out for my colonoscopy, I only lose at most 2 pounds. So much for those claims that we are carrying pounds of junk in our colons and a good cleanse will help us lose it all.

My best guess is water weight/dehydration is the only way to do it. I spent 2 one week periods in the hospital without any solid food and very little other calories and both times I weighed the same when I came home as when I went in. The IV kept me hydrated.

If this is to fit into an outfit, try shapewear. I read that actresses use two at a time in order get themselves slim and firm enough in those red-carpet outfits.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    Yes...

If you cut off an arm...

lol
  • ptin50lbs
    Options
    Thanks, that make sense.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I did. What you need to do is be severely anemic so your body retains tons of water, mostly collecting in the legs and ankles. After you reach that point, you need to go to the hospital for transfusions and medications to treat the edema. Voila' 20 lb in 3 weeks!
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yup! it hapend to me right after i delivered my baby and the placenta
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Their are night I get up so often I piss out between 6 and 7 pounds. But from a slandered weigh in at same time and same conditions, only water weight, or limbs, not fat.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    jeffpettis wrote: »
    Yes...

If you cut off an arm...

Lmao!
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have by biking 30 min each day and doing a ton of yard work 2-4 hours a day. Good healthy food low sodium with 1450 net caLories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've done it, but it involved a weekend of not keeping food down followed by surgery to remove my gallbladder.

It's not a very healthy rate of weight loss. If you're losing weight for an event, it might be time to look for ways other than weight loss to make sure you look your best.
  • ptin50lbs
    Options
    Appreciate all of your tips and advice :)
  • viper822004
    viper822004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have actually done it. 10 pounds in one week. I used p90x to work out. Its mostly water weight i think cause after that i was losing 2 pounds a week