question for curvy women with c or d cups who are still somewhat thin despite being curvy...

Options
I'm mostly asking for size 0-8 women but anyone can answer as I appreciate diversity in opinion :) so I'm 5'9 size 2, almost to maintenance ( building muscle and trying to tone while maintaining weight) and I'm a curvy woman for my size. Unlike most of my similar size friends I have a larger chest (34C) for being so thin and have wider hips (35 inches). My measurements are 33-23-35 as of this morning. I check them once a week or every two weeks. I have another friend who isn't as curvy who has an A cup bra and is 36-27-36 ish. She is solid muscle and even though our measurements are similar, I will always look more " rounded" and curvy than her. Most of our mutual friends call her a skeleton but don't call me such names, despite the fact that my measurements put me in clothing 2 sizes smaller than her. also people frequently guess I wear a bigger size or weigh
More than I do, even though I am female and only 15-17% body fat. I am happy with the way I look but people's criticism of my body is annoying and unfair. I am wondering if it is my curves that make me appear bigger or if having bigger boobs- (even though I have a small waist and stomach, )could make me appear heavier than I am? So my question for you other curvy girls out there is- do people think you weigh more than you do and is it most likely because of your chest or is it just the dimensions ? I'm super confused! Lol

Also the example with my friend is even more weird because we are almost definitely approx the same body fat as well.

Replies

• jellio98
    jellio98 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just because people are not calling you a skeleton and not guessing you wear a size 000 and weigh less than 100 lbs does not mean they are criticizing you. Whatever weight they are guessing, it may be because they consider that to be healthy/attractive. Thinner does not always equal better.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Picture please?
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Picture please?

Second this request
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am an 8 on the bottom, but let's just say...not on the top. :)

34 C is NOT a larger chest for a woman of your height, nor does it equal curvy. You are medium sized, at best. You must have a very small frame size to be able to wear a size 2 at your height.

My thought is that you need to get to know a bigger variety of people who talk about more interesting topics. :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    It seems you're really concerned with what other people think about what size you are and how much you weigh. You know you're healthy and happy, so who cares what someone guesses as your size. Your worth isn't determined by their guestimate.

I don't know many respectful, civil people who go around considering the weight and clothing size of other people, much less tell them what they think. That behavior is far more indicative of what they think of themselves than what they think of you.

Don't make their issues your problem. Not worth your time or attention.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    34C isn't too big for that height...
  • love2lift_85
    love2lift_85 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Wait... you are 5'9" and have a 35" hip measurement? That is not wide at all. That is extremely slender. I am 5'2" and when I weighed 100 pounds at age 12-13 my hips were 36" with a waist of 25".
    35" is extremely small for someone of your height... those are the hips of a slender pre-teen.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same size as you. I fail to see what the issue is here. Why do you care if people call your friend skeleton but your actually smaller ? why does it bother you what they may or may not think about your size ?
    You mentioned criticism ? What have they said to that was critical of you ?
    I guess I'm just not understanding where your coming from. For me, I don't care if people think I'm bigger then I really am. I don't care if my friends look thinner then I do. It comes down to if your happy with yourself. Who cares what size people think you wear ? ( I've never once went out with friends and discussed what size we all wore. Nobody cares about that stuff. Its almost juvenile to sit around and compare )
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    cup sizes really don't matter when determining breast size, and I agree that a 34c isn't large.

40a=36b=34c=32d=30e=28ee

Link to a cup size comparison:
    1.bp.blogspot.com/-o0HBMkVz3cQ/UAdpYCEkjmI/AAAAAAAAACI/Sz_uGfihmmU/s1600/Cup+size+different.jpg

Honestly, ignore them. As long as your comfortable, why do you care what other people think?
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    34C isn't too big for that height...

I thought the same thing. I'm thinking something might be a miss here
  • Kellyymcd
    Kellyymcd Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are far too concerned with your measurements and the measurements of others. When I read your post I got the impression that you are very vain and superficial. Not calling you those things, that is just how your post came off. Maybe you should spend some time worrying about more important things. It makes everything so much easier when you stop caring what people think of your weight and measurements.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly asking for size 0-8 women but anyone can answer as I appreciate diversity in opinion :) so I'm 5'9 size 2, almost to maintenance ( building muscle and trying to tone while maintaining weight) and I'm a curvy woman for my size. Unlike most of my similar size friends I have a larger chest (34C) for being so thin and have wider hips (35 inches). My measurements are 33-23-35 as of this morning. I check them once a week or every two weeks. I have another friend who isn't as curvy who has an A cup bra and is 36-27-36 ish. She is solid muscle and even though our measurements are similar, I will always look more " rounded" and curvy than her. Most of our mutual friends call her a skeleton but don't call me such names, despite the fact that my measurements put me in clothing 2 sizes smaller than her. also people frequently guess I wear a bigger size or weigh
    More than I do, even though I am female and only 15-17% body fat. I am happy with the way I look but people's criticism of my body is annoying and unfair. I am wondering if it is my curves that make me appear bigger or if having bigger boobs- (even though I have a small waist and stomach, )could make me appear heavier than I am? So my question for you other curvy girls out there is- do people think you weigh more than you do and is it most likely because of your chest or is it just the dimensions ? I'm super confused! Lol

Also the example with my friend is even more weird because we are almost definitely approx the same body fat as well.

If you have a 33 inch chest, there's no way you should be wearing a 34 C bra.

You're wearing the wrong size bra. Your band size is what you measure under your bust. Your cup size is determined by the difference in inches between the measurement of the fullest part of your bust (that 33 inches) and that band measurement. A cup is 1 inch difference, B cup is 2 inch difference, C cup is 3 inch difference...

A 33 inch chest isn't very curvy by most standards.

I'm not sure what you're asking. But what metric are you assessing your body fat? If you look more rounded, perhaps your estimation of your body fat is off.

• zoeysasha37
    Options
    Op - it might help if you post a current picture of yourself.
    Also , your bra size may not be correct with those measurements. so I suggest getting properly fitted . I'm not trying to be rude but its very common that women pick the wrong size bras so a proper fitting is usually best. I know 30 and 32 bands are hard to find sometimes but a good bra shop will stock them .
  • KateSimpson17
    KateSimpson17 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'4" and I am 34C and it seems on the larger side of average for someone my size... so if you're really 5'9" 34C definitely isn't curvy... also as many people have mentioned, your measurements don't add up to a 34C. And a size 2 at your height really isn't curvy either... I'm not sure anybody could be considered curvy at size 2... "curvyness" is more about build, which means you'd have to have wide hips... I have wide hips and no matter how much weight I lose I could probably never get down to a size 2.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    AGAIN - pictures please?
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a larger chest (34C) for being so thin and have wider hips (35 inches). My measurements are 33-23-35

Although I don't want to come off as rude, you're not wearing the right bra size. 34C's are meant for women with a 37" chest and 34" underbust.
    I agree. Try 32D.
    :)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Most of our mutual friends call her a skeleton but don't call me such names

I am female and only 15-17% body fat.

I am happy with the way I look but people's criticism of my body is annoying and unfair.

I would be glad people didn't call me a skeleton.

17% body fat is already underweight for a female and you're saying you're still trying to lose weight and haven't gotten to maintenance yet. Not cool.

You need different friends if they're criticizing your body. Nobody should be talking about anybody else's body to begin with. Ignore them.

Especially at age 25! Are your friends all a lot younger?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. Are you upset that people aren't calling you a skeleton?

It kind of sucks to have big boobs at any size. The more I lose, though, the less I like them. It's getting embarrassing. They're too big. So, I get that. It sucks. But I don't want to be called a skeleton and can't figure out the link there.

Help me out here.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Are people actually criticizing your body or are they just not calling you a skeleton, too?

I have big boobs (34DDD). They don't make me look fatter - if anything, they accentuate my waist and make it look smaller. At least in my opinion and really that's the only one that matters.